How'd You Find This Site?

FashionQueen

Registered
Reaction score
I was on Yahoo Answers and it was recommended to me when I asked what good writing websites there are.

Jon-Luke

Anomalous crusader
Registered
Reaction score
Searched for writing forums... This was the site that seemed the best!

JenUK24

Jess aged 15 months
Registered
Reaction score
My husband found this site.
I had supposedly been excepted with an agent, wl childrens agency :rant: to be exact, and they were asking for me to send $40 for my MS to be edited. My husband wasnt sure of this and did a bit of research and found this BRILLIANT site.
If it wasnt for this site, I would have been out of pocket, and things are tight enough as it is, without an agent and without any hope of getting published.
Thanks AW your brill and everyone on this site is brill. I'm over whelmed by how nice and helpful everyone is.

J x

smoothseas

Life sucks... Then ya die...
Registered
Reaction score
yawn... in da land of the terminally bored.
Another newbie here

'allo all...

And grettings from Florida's Sun Coast. So pleased to have landed here. Yesterday evening, I put 'fiction writing' in Yahoo Answers search field.

While trolling through the hits, I found a link to absoolutewrite. Looks like an 'absolutely' wonderful site!

Looking forward to making lots of new cyber friends.

DrCaelinPaul

Registered
Reaction score
Friendliest Forum on the Web :)

Found AW surfing around looking for information on publishing. I can see this site being an addiction creator :)

Write4U2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
it-is-written4u.spaces.live.com
Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

I'm a member of the Googaloid Clan. I can find ANYTHING!!!:Hug2:

Ree Writes

Registered
Reaction score
Another google stray here... I found the site while searching in google and I'm very glad I did :)

WAW5058

Registered
Reaction score
By the Chesapeake Bay, formerly in the Colorado Ro
Five Degrees of Writing

I found the site awhile ago and had noodled around in it a time or two. What I came to though was how these people had time to spend on the various and sundry issues discussed. I have since started freelancing and have more time to explore.
I was intrigued by the very succinct exhortations to be nice on the website. I wondered why you would want to be mean to someone you didn't know...especially when, as wordsmiths, we have so much power. Why would anyone turn that onto someone they had never met? What happened to giving someone the benefit of the doubt? Agreeing to disagree? Hugging it out? Okay, maybe that's a bit much.
And the explanation about swear words? We're writers -- there's as many words out there that there are shoes...swear words are a cop out. It amazes me that the issue even had to be discussed. What happened to common decency and good manners?
Okay, so I'm a throwback to the time where we were nice to one another and I'm too old to change -- nor do I want to.
Onward...

Rhysdux

Registered
Reaction score
A friend told me about it. It seemed like a good and useful site, so I lurked here for a while. Then I finally decided to post.

Chrisla

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I found it by googling, but I can't remember the key words. But once I found the site, I not only found what I was searching for, I found an entire writing community!

Troo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pantechnicon.net
My computer exploded, I got a new one, alas all my links were gone.

Thankfully someone on another site linked here, I remembered my password, and I have iGoogle now to save all my bookmarks on! Hurrah!

Mikem

Registered
Reaction score
Google found you

I didn't find you but Google did. I wish I could remember what search term I used but since I browsed your site and forums for too long between my original google search and when I got authenticated I plain old forgot what I had been searching for.

But the fates have destined that I find you none the less. Pretty slick site and some interesting content. I look forward to getting more involved and reading what everyone has posted.

I am a newbie. In a major life change decision this is what I want to do. My first step was to read a little bit and then to give my brain a jump start I took the Second City writing class I. With an invite to go back and do Writing class III (invites last for one year) and an upcoming online screenwriting class I at UCLA my brain in is spongy learning mode.

Wish me luck as I start this new pursuit of dreams!

:welcome:

Last edited:

Mikem

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks Brian!! What a cool group of peeps!

Jt/Js

Temporarily discombobulated
Registered
Reaction score
A lab that's cold enough to have it's own wind.
I found it when I was looking for more info about Nathan Bransford and the Curtis Brown Ltd Literary Agency. How I found his blog is a whole other story, mainly dealing with aimless wandering and driven by a need to know more about publishing so that I don't get reeled in like a sucker. AW is amazing!

goatmam

Your imaginary friend
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My friend has actually been using this site for awhile I guess, and she suggested it to me... I haven't yet told her how happy I am she did! I'm really new on here but I am already enjoying and liking what I see.

Troo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pantechnicon.net
I am a newbie. In a major life change decision this is what I want to do. My first step was to read a little bit and then to give my brain a jump start I took the Second City writing class I. With an invite to go back and do Writing class III (invites last for one year) and an upcoming online screenwriting class I at UCLA my brain in is spongy learning mode.

Good man! It takes a lot of balls to make that decision. Best of luck!

And welcome to you and all the other newbies :)

Clarec

Registered
Reaction score
I think I stumbled across it when I was doing research on agents - again and again 'Water Cooler' reviews came up so I started doing my research on this site and realised there was a lot more to it. And here I am!

Clare

cwilson26

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cwilson26.blogspot.com
I found this site from the absolute writers newsletter I get in my email. I am a writer trying to make it and was glad to find this forum in hopes I can get some good writing tips. :)