Exile on Main St!

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I am so excited for the reissue of Exile that I could do cartwheels! My husband is getting me the rarities edition that comes with a t-shirt and guitar pick! And now I have 10 new unreleased Exile-era Stones songs to enjoy! Is anyone else picking this up?

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
My LP disappeared some time in the last 30 years or so, so I might just have to get this. It's a classic, and IMHO the last decent record the Stones did. I haven't like anything they've done since.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would get this. It's one of the great albums I missed the first time around. 'Course, if it's available in Australia, I'll need to remortage to get it. $30 for a recent-release CD, and $120 for a pair of Levi's?! There's a price to pay for living in paradise...

AyJay

Luv's Conscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
andrewjpeterswrites.com
I just may pick it up now that you mentioned it! My fave RS album. Got me through many study nights (and non-study nights) at college. I have the (now warped and poorly maintained) LP, but I gave up my turntable years ago when moving.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I just sampled all the songs. Honestly, I've only ever heard 2 off of it, Happy and Tumbling Dice. And I was at the age when I was beginning to think of them as washed up old men and I was moving on to "my" music. :D

Now if they remastered Beggar's Banquet, Let it Bleed, and Sticky Fingers, I might be interested.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, they were really not that old when they made that!

I like Shine A Light, which they wrote about Brian Jones.

But I do love Beggar's Banquet, "Stray Cat Blues" is one of my favorites.