X marks the spot, Canadian version

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And whether I vote early or on the actual day, it means missing sleep, as I'm working for all the available dates.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
True, but I won't worry too much about it. The polling station opens at 7:30 in the morning so I can just have an extra cup of coffee at the bus stop then head over there.

While they have to let me off three hours, legally, practically it's an imposition on my fellow workers as we work 12-hour shifts and have nobody to cover. I'd already arranged to take the following day off for a singing engagement before they called the election, so asking for another three hours is just not nice.

My comment was more in the tone of "Of course if they're going to call an unneeded election not only the day itself but all the early days will be on my 4-day 'on' shift, not my 4 days off." Murphy's Law. :)

Last edited:

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely have my card! We've got the right to vote and we should take advantage of that right! :)

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely! There are people fighting and dying around the world for the right to choose their leaders. We only have to make sure we're on the list, and turn up at the correct polling place. Surely we can do that much?

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got it. Can't wait to vote. It's like refreshing my right to complain.

sailor

still new
Registered
Reaction score
Voted this morning. Downloaded the special form from elections.ca, walked into the district office with the voter card. Quick and painless.