Readings - Do you do readings

caseyquinn

Just happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shortstory.us.com
So who does readings? When was the last time you did one? I am more and more starting to do readings and enjoying them. Fun to be part of the small local group of active poetry readers!

What was your experience with your reading? Enjoyed it? Sell any books?

Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
I've never done a reading. I was invited to do one once, at a function of a literary quarterly that's published three of my poems, but the schedule did not allow me to participate. Well, when I say that I'm thinking about public readings, not necessarily before all poets. I've read some poems to critique groups and the NW Arkansas poets group.

NDG

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I've never done a reading in front of only poets, all mine were public. But I did do a few. I've gotten into a habit of starting off with reading a poem from a poet who inspires me, and then continuing on with my own work from there. It has been about five years since I did a reading, though.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I do them quite often. I always have chapbooks there and I have some good sales...often selling out. I don't like speaking in public...so I have to pretend there's nobody there listening...but I get by. It's, overall, a good experience. Pretty sure I'm going to drop out of this experience though, along with poetry, for the foreseeable future.

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
There used to be a coffee house not far from where I live that had open mic night for poets once a week. I was a regular, and even emceed a couple of times. I love the sound of my own voice; fortunately, so do other folks, apparently. Alas, I lost that forum when the place changed hands. And so, the populace was denied my basso profundo, and chaos and darkness descended upon the 'Boro.