KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
What's your demon today, snookums?

my enter button ain't working, pudding. i'd have to write on one line. can one distill a poemsy thingy on one line? probably not.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Also. I wish I knew something about stars. Actually...I wish I cared? (meep), but stars are all far away and stuff

a poem brings them closer, so shuteeee.

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
a poem brings them closer, so shuteeee.

Why the hell would i want to bring them closer? It would rip up the gravitational fields. DISASTER!!!!

I like my stars nice and far away thankyouverymuch

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have an easier time connecting with astronomical stars than Lindsay Lohan!

This reminds me of an argument I had with someone about T-rexes, aliens, humans and cake. He argued that aliens were more likely to eat cake, and I argued that NO, aliens are not, in fact, more likely to eat cake. He was approaching it from a homo-sapien centric view when speculating that aliens would look vaguely humanoid like E.T. But I argued how the hell would he know what aliens actually look like, they might look like sofas, for heavens sake. Not to take a furniture-centric view on extraterrestrial lifeform speculation. We at least know that the Tyrannosaurus Rex had oral cavities and could digest similar things that humans also eat, MEAT, maybe the odd vegetable.

I don't know why your statement reminds me of that argument, except well, maybe Lindsay Lohan is the dinosaur and Stars are the aliens....

I'm confused. I'm going to crawl back into my hole now.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Why the hell would i want to bring them closer? It would rip up the gravitational fields. DISASTER!!!!

I like my stars nice and far away thankyouverymuch

i eat stars for dinner. it makes me cosmo-politan. you should try it sometime. nothing like having a constellation on your tongue. they slither down your throat, you know, as though you have no control over the way they enter the stratosphere of your esophogus. and they pepper your bloodstream like a fucking aurora borealis. but no, you're right...don't bring them closer. you couldn't handle the magnificence of a body filled with stardust.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
This reminds me of an argument I had with someone about T-rexes, aliens, humans and cake. He argued that aliens were more likely to eat cake, and I argued that NO, aliens are not, in fact, more likely to eat cake. He was approaching it from a homo-sapien centric view when speculating that aliens would look vaguely humanoid like E.T. But I argued how the hell would he know what aliens actually look like, they might look like sofas, for heavens sake. Not to take a furniture-centric view on extraterrestrial lifeform speculation. We at least know that the Tyrannosaurus Rex had oral cavities and could digest similar things that humans also eat, MEAT, maybe the odd vegetable.

I don't know why your statement reminds me of that argument, except well, maybe Lindsay Lohan is the dinosaur and Stars are the aliens....

I'm confused. I'm going to crawl back into my hole now.

T-Rex is a really good band.

caseyquinn

Just happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shortstory.us.com
So... how about someone posts a long list of constellations and then each person signs up to write a poem about that constellation?

Dichroic

that's di-CROW-ick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
riseagain.net
So... how about someone posts a long list of constellations and then each person signs up to write a poem about that constellation?

Sounds scarily structured, to me. What if I pick Pisces and then I get a good idea for Capricorn?

Seriously, in the Hollis Brown thing, people just wrote whatever they wanted, and I think that worked well.

caseyquinn

Just happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shortstory.us.com
hey what can i say i like structure! ok my only concern was having many poems written on the same constellation. diversity is usually key to a good collection

CDSinex

Imagine something clever here.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Instead of seeing Orion, I always see like an elephant eating ice-cream or something.

Great idea!

The hunter vanquished
as elephants spill ice cream—
Sweet snow on the ground

Last edited:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
hey what can i say i like structure! ok my only concern was having many poems written on the same constellation. diversity is usually key to a good collection

who cares. 10 poems on orion would be 10 individual poems.

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
okay everyone...I am about to post a pic for prompt #2 poetry critique

enjoy...it's more real-life I think than the last but still, open for interpretation :)

Dichroic

that's di-CROW-ick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
riseagain.net
who cares. 10 poems on orion would be 10 individual poems.

True. The one Peg wrote is nothing like William Carlos Williams'. (I have no interest in white chickens, but I looooooove "There is hunting in heaven. Sleep safe 'til tomorrow." I liked Peg's a lot too.)

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
Could be something to do with childhood. No, No, I'm not talking just escapism. It could be "stream-of-conscious", dream, a wonderful or dreadful happening, a place visited as long as it contains in it something to let the reader feel childhoodish about the poem. Something as simple as a red wheelbarrow.

I so love our red wheelbarrow thread, it's an AW Classic for me!

kdnxdr

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
Where do we sign up?

Oh, PNHT, I just want to pinch your little cheekies when I see your sweet face!

Last edited:

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Where do we sign up.

Oh, PNHT, I just want to pinch your little cheekies when I see your sweet face!

No to pinching, Yes to cheekies and after much consideration and contemplation I am also wondering what-where-when the true nature of this endevor will be revealed.

Dichroic

that's di-CROW-ick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
riseagain.net
So *did* we decide on constellations? We had a few posts, then they sputtered out.

And if so could we have a sticky thread?

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
So *did* we decide on constellations? We had a few posts, then they sputtered out.

I'm working on Mensa (or possibly Horologium). That's lightning fast by my standards.

kdnxdr

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
I'm so confused. I see in the poetry posts that some people are working on pieces that related to the stars and the galaxy. Are we working on pieces for our new project? Did we decide to write with stars/galaxy as the theme?

I want to participate on a group project. Do we have one yet?