Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAH story of my life!!!

Its so horrible I can sit trying to pay attention then next minute i know class is over and i'm like SHIT!!! I look down at my note book and i have like half a story written right underneath what were my notes.

My friend one time was watching me (not paying attention either) and was like "I know the exact moment you stop listening, because you get this little grin and blank stare" My response "So? You should have been paying attention too!"

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Evening team. Fretting about this chapter. It's supposed to be one of those epic moments of revelation and betrayal, so naturally I'm convinced it's not working.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Dont stress about it Para, stressing only brings out the inner critique-ness. I'm sure its wonderful!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
So my last test (besides the final) in my class with my professor from hell, is a take home exam. Its 2 questions. I have the first one right. Second... well i was clueless, we ALL were.

So today i went to ask him for help (like he told me to do when i had my meeting with the Dean and him) I went into his office and asked my questions. This conversation ensued:

Him: Do you have a specific question?
Me: Yes, here is my work (hand him papers) Now i'm wondering [state super specific question here]
Him: Well ok that.... yeah that looks ok
Me: (In utter shock) REALLY?
Him: Yeah, but i cant do that sort of math in my head so it still could be wrong.
Me: but i did it right?
Him: I guess so.
Me: Ok now i did this. (points to next problem)
Him: (chuckles) oh no thats totally wrong.
Me: oh... then i'm a little confused where to go from there, would I...
Him: (cutting me off mid-sentence) Well i can only answer specific questions, and i cant do this for you, so looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you.

So I walked out pissed off. If he would have just freaking let me finish my "specific question"!!!

Anyway at least i got some good news my professor for my thesis class stopped me and told me my thesis was nearly perfect! All i have to do is slight grammatical stuff!

But then my high from that was ruined when i realized tonight in my writing workshop class i have to read my paper outloud (and i cant read outloud well... i sound like a 5 year old) and after reading it a few times, i feel like it really sucks and everyone is going to tear me a new one... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Am, is there tutoring offered on-campus or someone you know that's taken that class or knows the material that could help you?

Last year I had a professor who, when asked a question, would just make everything even more confusing. So I went to my RA and she taught me how to do everything in much simpler terms.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's how this guy is. And for the last two night there have been 4-5 of us working on this for 3-5 hours. AND i went to my tutor, who has normally been my GodSend in that class, and she didn't even know what to do!!! My professor was my last resort, but the 4-5 of us are meeting up again today, so at least i know the stuff we did last night was wrong and we have to go in a different direction

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I am so excited for you to be done with that professor's class, Ally, and I've only heard a little about him here and there. I can't imagine how excited you are.

Time for Psychology!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I take Psychology online, actually... I'm 4 weeks behind. Yikes!

Okay, now off to tutoring! Missed a year of geometry changing schools, so I have to catch back up.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
You guys I have to be at the bookshop early to meet with the authors. ahhhh. I don't want to put my foot in my mouth while I'm talking to them.