Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
It is exactly like Far Cry 3, but with a better sound track and about 50 bazillion 80s references.

I LOVE IT.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
It's pretty good, but after playing a bit, I'm starting to agree with The Guardian's reviewer:
The Guardian said:
After 60 minutes' play, the joke wears away to near invisibility, and all that's left are the familiar systems that underpin the game. These remain enjoyable and, after the slow start, most players will be compelled to push through to the end. But there's an undeniable thinness here, the sense of a mild joke that's been eked out for too long, that can't fully wrap around the heft of the underlying game onto which it's been grafted.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
>.>

I'm too much of an 80s junkie to be too upset that it's just more 80s, personally. Plus, I love the Tron aesthetic on it's own merits. It isn't just funny to me...I just loves me some Neon.

Seraph

Registered
Reaction score
Just an awesome game. The 8-bit cinematics, neon visuals, willfully cheesy plot, soundtrack, one liners, load screens, 80s references. . . Everything, perfect. I liked how the main guy was voiced by Michael Beihn aka Kyle from Terminator 1 and Hicks from Aliens.

Please, developers. More games like this.

Blood Dragon director interviews Michael Beine

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
This came free with my new graphics card a couple months ago (along with Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3, because THANK YOU AMD), but I've yet to play it. Those of you who have, I have a question. I also have Far Cry 3 and have yet to play that. Is it crucial that I play FC3 first?

I only have a month before I leave for Odyssey, and I'm a slow finisher. I'd rather not even start FC3 if I won't end up finishing it before I leave, but this one is much shorter, I imagine. I'll hold off on this too if it makes more sense to play it after, though.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is so completely different from Far Cry 3 that they don't need the same title at all.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is so completely different from Far Cry 3 that they don't need the same title at all.

Including the gameplay? I know the story is different, but does it feel like an expansion, as far as the feel/mechanics go?

Sometimes I get obsessive compulsive about playing games in a series in the proper order, even when I know it doesn't really matter.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
The gameplay is the same, though there are less guns.

But, to be totally honest...the guns are better and have more character. I'd take the 7 weapons offered in this game than the, what, 20 in the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.