Hello! :)

annabunnelby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm Anna. I used to be very into visual art but have started to turn more to writing. I haven't written much but I love doing it and I'm trying to gain more experience. I usually write short stories, mostly lighthearted mysteries. I do have a little confusion about this forum- where is the critique section? I can't seem to find it. :(

Anyway though, I'm looking forward to coming on here more often and becoming more inspired! :D

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. The critique section is Share Your Work. It's pretty far down the main page. You can't put up your own work for critique until you get fifty posts, but you can critique the work of others, which is a very good way to learn and give a little to the community before getting critiqued yourself.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. The journey begins!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler! :welcome:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Anna! Welcome to AW. I love this place. Visual Art? As in...? What does that mean? Lol, if I don't ask, I won't know. :)

annabunnelby

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Anna! Welcome to AW. I love this place. Visual Art? As in...? What does that mean? Lol, if I don't ask, I won't know. :)

Oh, mostly surreal pen/ink drawings and watercolor painting. I tried to dip into theater a little bit, but I have too much stage fright :p I'm glad to hear you like this place so much, it makes me all the more excited to be here

annabunnelby

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. The critique section is Share Your Work. It's pretty far down the main page. You can't put up your own work for critique until you get fifty posts, but you can critique the work of others, which is a very good way to learn and give a little to the community before getting critiqued yourself.

Thank you! I figured there would be a minimum number of posts to have before sharing work. That's okay though, I'm not ready to share mine yet. I look forward to reading what others have to offer

Refill-the-Inkwell

Daring Greatly
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to make your acquaintance! I just joined recently and write in the mystery/crime genre. Best of luck to you.

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy! Former artist myself. Was also told I should be a stand up comic at one point, but I hate the sound of my own voice, and couldn't imagine subjecting strangers to it. Also new here. Testing the waters. Dive in. Enjoy.

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, mostly surreal pen/ink drawings and watercolor painting. I tried to dip into theater a little bit, but I have too much stage fright :p I'm glad to hear you like this place so much, it makes me all the more excited to be here

That's nifty! Thanks for clarifying, lol. I draw as well, mostly pencil and color pencils, but haven't done it in awhile. I suppose I could post some of my artwork somewhere in here too. Huh. Never thought of that. Anywhoo, glad to meetcha! I'm working on an Urban Fantasy. It's written, but I'm here to polish it up. I had zero experience in writing, so the folks here have helped a lot. (Even if their critiques can seem scary--it's just to help us out)

*I'd rather have honesty than flattery any day, rather than be like... some of those kids who try out for American Idol who's family members tell them they're really good, then they audition 'in public' and make fools of themselves, lol.

Nopey-nope. When I query, I want to know that my novel is truly ready for it. So this forum is the place to be. :)