The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
A quick update:

My track changes are done, ms finished, but the title needs to be changed. It's okay -- felt sad for a few days -- but I want my ms to have the best chance out there.

I sent my agent a list of alternate possibilities, along with the agents at the agency conferring. Should hear back soon, along with being on sub (hopefully) by the end of the week.

Truth be told, I'm grateful the hard work (for now) is done, and I'm grateful for the wait. I'm tired!

Although, in the meantime, I've started revising the next novel (finished it in November) and am having fun doing so.

My fingers remain crossed for everyone.

Em

tutter

Registered
Reaction score
Waiting for these houses to get back is simply enervating. I can't write, read, or concentrate on anything for more than thirty seconds. I feel vexed!

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! Dawn encouraged me to drop by and say hi. I'm officially on sub today, so I guess that qualifies me to grab my flame retardant gear and step foot within the circle. :tongue

tutter

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I got a little response from a press currently considering my MS. Wondering what your thoughts are? Should I consider this a sort of boiler plate response, or a sign of potential interest?

The exact words were:

Dear xxxx,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. We need some more time to review this manuscript.

Thank you for this submission.

xxxxx

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! Dawn encouraged me to drop by and say hi. I'm officially on sub today, so I guess that qualifies me to grab my flame retardant gear and step foot within the circle. :tongue

Yay Sarah! You made it! Lately it hasn't been too hellish in here with all the good news flying around :D

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
Reading back through the last few pages, I've noticed! Hopefully it's a sign that 2011 will be a really great year for all of us.

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I got a little response from a press currently considering my MS. Wondering what your thoughts are? Should I consider this a sort of boiler plate response, or a sign of potential interest?

Tutter, sorry, but I don't have a clue what it means other than it's not a 'no'--which is always good. I'm no help. Sorry.

:welcome: Epiphany! I'm a Sarah, too, but without the 'h', so plain ole Sara. Congrats on being on sub. Ain't it fun? (she says not being on sub anymore-he,he,he) What do you write? Who ya with? What's the goss? :D

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
Tutter, sorry, but I don't have a clue what it means other than it's not a 'no'--which is always good. I'm no help. Sorry.

:welcome: Epiphany! I'm a Sarah, too, but without the 'h', so plain ole Sara. Congrats on being on sub. Ain't it fun? (she says not being on sub anymore-he,he,he) What do you write? Who ya with? What's the goss? :D

Hi Sara! So far it's pretty exciting. I had an insane year-and-a-half long roller coaster looking for an agent so right now I'm actually really relaxed. Of course, I have yet to get a rejection :tongue. I'm on sub for a young adult contemporary novel but I write YA of all different sub-genres. I'm repped by Taylor Mart1ndale.

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Epiphany, that's awesome. Another YAer! Love it. I sold my YA fantasy to S1mon Pu1se at the end of last year, so I'm not sure if, technically, I'm supposed to be still hanging around here, but no one's kicked me out yet and I just so love roasting marshmallows with everyone over the flames of Hell, I'd be all lonesome if I left.

You'll love it here--the best people ever!! And seriously, Hell has been on fire of late!!

Crossing everything for ya!!!

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
Epiphany, that's awesome. Another YAer! Love it. I sold my YA fantasy to S1mon Pu1se at the end of last year, so I'm not sure if, technically, I'm supposed to be still hanging around here, but no one's kicked me out yet and I just so love roasting marshmallows with everyone over the flames of Hell, I'd be all lonesome if I left.

You'll love it here--the best people ever!! And seriously, Hell has been on fire of late!!

Crossing everything for ya!!!

Thank you so much. And congrats! That's amazing! :D When's your release date?

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats, Epiphany. I'm out in Summer or Fall 2012, which is the one and only thing I do know at this point. Fun times. Trying to bury myself in a WIP and spring into life once I get the call for edits. Early days, I guess.

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats, Epiphany. I'm out in Summer or Fall 2012, which is the one and only thing I do know at this point. Fun times. Trying to bury myself in a WIP and spring into life once I get the call for edits. Early days, I guess.

Very cool. I look forward to reading your book :)

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome epiphany!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.