John Dies at the End

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The adaptation of David Wong's mash-up of Lovecraft and Douglas Adams is crazy good. A new drug is in town, the kids call it soy sauce, and it gives out-of-body experiences like nobody's business, but it changes people, and it is an interdimensional invasion that can only be stopped by slackers Dave and John. Those are fake names. You should probably change yours too. I loved this movie. Go see it.

Clever and downright funny.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I loved the book, but I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet. Possibly this weekend, if it's up on Netflix Instant.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I never read the novel, but the movie is a real whacked-out send-up of the horror genre and the acting is really good. Surprised to see Clancy Brown (Lex Luthor) in a very funny role and Paul Giametti is a standout, as always.

Were there any lizards in the book, Diana?:)

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I never read the novel, but the movie is a real whacked-out send-up of the horror genre and the acting is really good. Surprised to see Clancy Brown (Lex Luthor) in a very funny role and Paul Giametti is a standout, as always.

Were there any lizards in the book, Diana?:)

Don't know. I have the book on order, it should arrive today. No lizards in the movie. The book's sequel is entitled, This Book is Full of Spiders, Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Don't know. I have the book on order, it should arrive today. No lizards in the movie. The book's sequel is entitled, This Book is Full of Spiders, Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It.

---

I'll have to take a run up to Umeda (central Osaka) one of these days. The local bookstore carries very few novels in English (mostly textbooks on TOIEC and whatnot) so I'll check it out, as well as its predecessor.

I sorta miss the lizards, though...:)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score

I read it and I can confirm that it is indeed full of spiders. :D

Capeless

Registered
Reaction score
John Dies at the End was the last movie I watched in 2012, and it just so happened to be one of my favorites of 2012 also -- and probably my favorite comedy/horror ever.

It's that good. A solid 8.5 all around except for when they enter the portal to when they return. That section is only a 5.5

I plan to read the novel in the near future, which I've heard is even better.