• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Folio Literary Management

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I queried Paige Wheeler two weeks ago yesterday and haven't had a response. On her page it says that she responds within 2 weeks so could I resend without looking annoyingly persistent?

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I queried Paige Wheeler two weeks ago yesterday and haven't had a response. On her page it says that she responds within 2 weeks so could I resend without looking annoyingly persistent?

Historically she's been under 2 weeks (according to querytracker), but recently she's averaged 5 weeks. So wait a couple of months.

MysteryScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kerrimaniscalco.com
Has anyone had any experience with Emily van Beek lately? I queried, got an "Out of office" response.

Queried picture book

I sent her an EQ on 3/11/11 got the "Out of office" auto-reply, aaand received a form R on 4/7/11. Not so bad as far as response times go. Good luck with your query, here's hoping you hear better news!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I sent her an EQ on 3/11/11 got the "Out of office" auto-reply, aaand received a form R on 4/7/11. Not so bad as far as response times go. Good luck with your query, here's hoping you hear better news!
Hmm, I queried on the same day, got the out of office note, but never heard back fro her.

And it was the 2nd time I queried her because my first query never got a response and fell well outside the time frame she says she'll respond within (the agency says to go ahead and requery when that happens)

I would wonder if it was getting lost, but I got the OoO reply...

MysteryScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kerrimaniscalco.com
Hmm, I queried on the same day, got the out of office note, but never heard back fro her.

And it was the 2nd time I queried her because my first query never got a response and fell well outside the time frame she says she'll respond within (the agency says to go ahead and requery when that happens)

I would wonder if it was getting lost, but I got the OoO reply...

Perhaps you're in her maybe pile? :) I imagine if you got the auto-reply it means you haven't been taken hostage as spam. I say if you don't hear back after a few more weeks, requery her with the good ole "I wasn't sure if a spambot ate me for breakfast on 3/11, but just in case here it is..." (More eloquently of course.) Good luck, here's hoping you'll hear back soon, and with a request!

DrawsBooks

Registered
Reaction score
I queried 2 pbs on feb 27, got a dummy request (author/illustrator) on march 26 and haven't heard a peep yet. I think a month turn around (at least) is pretty standard for her. :)

Last edited:

DrawsBooks

Registered
Reaction score
According to foliolit.com, Emily will be closed to queries from June 1st-September 15th.

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
I got a rejection in about a week. The speedy reply was good, but makes me think if they haven't responded yet: A) They're busy and will never respond or B) They're busy/reading it and will someday respond Lol

EliseLovette

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can query another agent in this agency after getting a reject from one?
I know it says not to query simultaneously, just want to be sure.

Thanks so much.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can query another agent in this agency after getting a reject from one?

Thanks so much.

Elise, I've queried different agents at Folio with the same manuscript. As long as you wait a reasonable amount of time in between (say, a month or two), I don't think it would be a problem.

Good luck with your agent hunt!

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score

Thanks so much.

I wouldn't. The agents work close together, pass along works that may be appropriate for another agent, and they have frequent internal meetings. But, go ahead and submit if that's what you want -- but wait about 6 months and a new title.

JDM1950

Never Forget the First Time
Registered
Reaction score
feedback on Jeff Kleinman at Folio Literary Management

Any recommendations re Mr. Jeff Kleinman at Folio?

Alchemenos Prausti

Registered
Reaction score
Any recommendations re Mr. Jeff Kleinman at Folio?

I was surprised not to find more discussion of him here, given his track record. I queried him on Sunday and got a profusely polite form rejection on Monday.

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Well after 9 weeks on a query, I emailed Paige Wheeler another one and got a rejection today. That makes it an overnight rejection. Wish I hadn't nudged now!!

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
I am desperate to hear back from Michelle Brower as she is totally a dream agent of mine. Has anyone heard back from her recently?

JudasFm

(And Zlang-Zlang Squid)
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Molly Jaffa three weeks ago today and have heard nothing back. I read in a fairly recent interview that she always responds within two weeks. I guess I should be happy not to get a boomerang rejection, but can anyone who's submitted to her give me a rough idea of her timing?

At the moment I plan to leave it until the end of July before following it up but I'd still like to know other people's experiences :)

dawnb

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat JudasFm. Molly requested my full ms at a conference 3 weeks ago. She was really excited about it, but I haven't heard anything. It's killing me because I sooo want to work with her.

JudasFm

(And Zlang-Zlang Squid)
Registered
Reaction score
It's killing me because I sooo want to work with her.

Me too! Sometimes I submit to agencies on the basis of 'you look professional, haven't heard anything bad about you and you're representing what I write' but every now and then then I come across an agent like Molly that makes me think "YES!" Still, you never know, maybe she's just come down with a bug or something ;) My old roommate once said that the longer they took to get back to you, the more they were considering it. Not sure how true it is, but it's a small crumb of comfort.

Congrats on the request! Do you mind if I ask you what she was like at the conference? (never managed to pluck up the nerve - or the finances - to go along to one myself :))