YA Novel Publishers That Accepts Unsolicited Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerAuthor

Registered
Reaction score
I tried using the search button for this, but I didn't find anything.

Does anyone know where I could get a list of publishers that accepts unsolicited YA work?

Thanks in advance

Jeffery E Doherty

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jefferyedoherty.googlepages.com
Probably the Writers Market Guide. That's usually out of date be the time it's published though. I usually find the publishing companies I think would best suit the book and them look up their guidlines on their web site. If they don't accept unsolicited manuscripts, I send a query letter and make the blurb as interesting as I can witht he hope they will ask me to send in the ms.

Hope this helps.

JED

Harper K

here's to the girl on the go
Registered
Reaction score
Website
weirdquietgirl.wordpress.com
Get a copy of Children's Writers and Illustrators Market. Like the regular Writer's Market, it's published every year, but as it deals strictly with book and magazine markets for children's and YA authors, it's a much more manageable size. ;) Also, the book's author / editor, Alice Pope, keeps a blog where she posts any updates or additions to the markets in the book. It's a great resource: http://cwim.blogspot.com

Also, if you join SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators), they'll send you a fantastic markets guide. It lists the acquiring editors at each children's and YA publisher / division / imprint and has their submissions guidelines. There are still a few publishers that accept unsolicited submissions -- usually they'll specify that they want to see a query letter and a few of the novel's opening pages first, just like many agents want to see.

Good luck!

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm right in saying that Chicken House in the UK still accepts unsolicited manuscripts and they might accept YA (they're certainly geared towards childrens' and some of their titles stray into YA territory).

MM

JenUK24

Jess aged 15 months
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm right in saying that Chicken House in the UK still accepts unsolicited manuscripts and they might accept YA (they're certainly geared towards childrens' and some of their titles stray into YA territory).

MM

You would be right in saying that.
check out their guidelines for submission at their website www.doublecluck.com.
They only accept via post though.

Hope that helps.

J x

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
I think Flux has been known to look at unsolicited stuff, but I'm always one to suggest getting an agent. Sasha might have more names for ya, when she comes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.