How'd You Find This Site?

AuthorJimHenry

Registered
Reaction score
I belong to a writer's group on FB called Where Writers and Authors Meet, and one of the other writers there told me he was hanging out here, because people here talk more about writing with less drama than we have had at the FB page. I still love that group, but I thought I would check out this one too.

Jim Henry, Author
Universal Life Force Series Featuring Antiquity Calais

Calder1898

Registered
Reaction score
I found it through Preditors and Editors, a worthy site that is quite helpful.

Calder 1898 (newbie)

writeontime

Why so serious?
Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking for a writers' group for some time now and came across this site via Google. I think, if I remember correctly, I typed, "writers group" and "water cooler" (I don't know why I typed in the latter).

Other sites also popped up but I liked this forum immediately simply because it looked active with a highly vocal community. I registered immediately. :)

iWitty

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site via google while searching for ideas on how to become published. it was one of the top 10

MadGastronomer

Registered
Reaction score
Jim Hines linked to the Ridan thread, and I went to read it because I've had my own unpleasant run-in with Ridan as a customer, and was startled to see my own name referenced in the thread. I only registered to give an update on what happened, but now I'm looking around.

Melinda505

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, The site came up during a Google search I did for a publishing question.

N.P. Browning

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a link in the message section of the Harper Voyager manuscript submission page. I've been looking for a site like this.

Lidiya

Skimming galaxies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.themacaw.wordpress.com
I found AW from Yahoo! Answers. xD
Before finding it I was asking writing questions there, and I didn't like some of the professionalism and the fact that there were TOO many random users. So I asked for writing forums there, and they gave me a list.
Critique Circle was one of the forums listed, but we don't have to pay on AW, so I chose this one!

I'm so happy I found it, I've avoided so many mistakes by taking the advice of others. :)

:Hug2:

Layla Monroe

Registered
Reaction score
I actually found it through a blog that had information on epublishing, and ebooks. It's sad because that blog is gone now. It has a lot of helpful information that got me and my fiance started. :D

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
While searching Google for publishers that accepted unagented submissions I kept noticing that the first hit was the publishers website. The second hit was your website with your warnings and background checks. You folks came up almost every time so I figured you were serious and that I should check you out. Once I did I realized that this forum could be both fun and helpful! So I joined!

AjaxinAK

Registered
Reaction score
I found this place while checking on a publishing agency, suffice to say the reviews I read convinced me to keep searching.

realnunes

ReWright
Registered
Reaction score
I found it from Yahoo Answers. I was looking for people or groups that could give me advice on my new book.

aheggli

Registered
Reaction score
Google FTW :) Can't remember what I was searching for

CNRain

Registered
Reaction score
Listed on wiki for beta readers

Wait. I think it was.
Well w/e cool forum, glad I got to join. :D

dpawl

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site via google while searching for info on an agent.