Word for Mac Question

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm probably overthinking this because I sent a marked up/commented on copy of a manuscript to a beta-friend awhile back thinking it was a clean copy and I just got a request for a full and don't want to make the same mistake again. Especially since this one counts!

I have several (meaning way too many) copies of this manuscript and I wasn't wise enough in naming them that I can easily pick out the "clean" copy. Is there a way that I can view a all tracked changes and comments in a document? Or, is there a way to erase comments after you've closed them? Does this even make sense?

The last thing I need is to send this off with one of my betas perverse jokes in the margins.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Word 2008 for Mac
Version 12.3.0

(I've got to make sure there are no critters hiding in there. Back when I had a PC, it seems like there was a "show all comments" option. I can't find that here.)

Deleted member 42

The only way to make sure is:

Check Preferences in Word to make sure Fast Save is Off. (Fast Save should always be Off)

Turn off Tracking

Save it as an RTF.

Then open it again in Word and check your formatting.

Save in Word as a doc, after making sure Track Changes is off.

Otherwise there are several legit scenarious where your edits, and comments, can be brought back.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Disregard! On attempt number #19, I found my clean copy.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only way to make sure is:

Check Preferences in Word to make sure Fast Save is Off. (Fast Save should always be Off)

Turn off Tracking

Save it as an RTF.

Then open it again in Word and check your formatting.

Save in Word as a doc, after making sure Track Changes is off.

Otherwise there are several legit scenarious where your edits, and comments, can be brought back.

Thanks, Medi. I found my clean copy, but just to make sure, I did all of the things you suggested (but it was before you suggested them so I wasn't sure it would work). I feel much more at ease hearing that it is correct from you.