uh-oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
Im afraid Ive really stepped in it now.
Ive written and rewritten my query until it sparkles and emailed it to a few agents yeaterday thinking that I would have the time to work on my proposal (Ive been working on that a while too) while waiting for a response but Ive gotten requests for a proposal already and I dont have it done yet! Plus I have other contract pieces due by the end of the week!
How long do you think it is acceptable to make them wait for the proposal?

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Heh. I've done the same thing myself! My best advice is to contact the agent and tell him/her that you'll be happy to send the proposal "after the holidays". That generally gives you until the first or second week of January. You can probably have it done by then and, frankly, the agent probably won't have a chance to look at it until then anyway!

Congrats on the request, though! Good luck!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, glad to hear you got some bites! My husband once sent out a query to agents for a script he hadn't even written, and one actually requested the whole thing. So he wrote it in about a week (a treatment already existed). Needless to say, that was a "tee hee, oops!" moment. The agent received it about two weeks later, none the wiser. But in your case a proposal may be more time sensitive than a script, so C's "after the holidays" advice sounds FAB.

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
Its taken me months to write the query!
Ive been working on the proposal for months but I dont think it can be done in a week!
I'll give it a shot tho!
Thanks for the advice, Im taking it.

AdamMac

Back for more
Registered
Reaction score
Be sure and keep us updated RW. If you don't want to post part of your proposal in Share Your Work, I'd be happy to take a look at it if you e-mail it to me. I'm stuck working this week with absolutely no news happening.

I visited your web site (it's yours right?) and I think you may have sold yourself short in your query. Not that it matters at this point. You've got access to reams and reams of fantastic material and this can make a nice book. You could have bragged a bit more.

Adam

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Adam and everyone,
Yes its mine. Can you tell Im no webmistress!
Thank you though! I know Ive got some great material but the bragging comes out as to many "I" stements which I keep being told is a bad thing.
I will email the proposal to you but its in bits and pieces.
I have another question.
Is it ok to put some of the quesry letter into the proposal?

AdamMac

Back for more
Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I don't think there's any problem with using portions of the query in the proposal. But I don't think there's a need in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.