Help Me Get Through the Week or I'm Getting Married on Thursday!

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at work, today through Wednesday, and I can't concentrate worth anything! I'm so glad I finished my WIP last week because I definitely wouldn't be able to do it now.

I'm positively giddy, and I don't know how I'm going to get through the week, especially since, with July 4 coming up very soon and working for the government....work is soooooo slooooow.

Help me get through this week! Keep me occupied and distracted!!!

Lauretta

In the fantasy word.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ciliegino.dallemieparti.net
Awww! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! That's great, the dream comes true!!! I am truly happy for you!!
Have you picked up the dress? The venue? Where are you getting married?
It'll be a wonderful week!
That'll be the last week of your non married life!!!

To keep you otherwise occupied:

- have a back massage
- have a facial massage
- have a hands massage
- have a feet massage
- go to a spa
- ... to be continued

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!!

But to put it in perspective, the wedding is just one day. It's the marriage that counts. So whatever does or does not go perfect on that one special day really pales in comparison.

Have a wonderful happy life! May all your dreams come true. :)

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Haha! I did all that Saturday actually with future female in-laws! It was amazing!

It's a small wedding, the second for both of us. I have a simple but gorgeous dress. We'll say "I do" under a huge oak tree in our friend's backyard. His daughter will be the flower girl/ring bearer. My friend is doing the photography, and only our closet friends and immediate family (minus my mom and siblings...) will be there.

Then July 10, the next weekend we have the Little One will be a huge-ass pig roast/party to celebrate!

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!!

But to put it in perspective, the wedding is just one day. It's the marriage that counts. So whatever does or does not go perfect on that one special day really pales in comparison.

Have a wonderful happy life! May all your dreams come true. :)

Exactly why it's a very simple ceremony with a "Wedding celebrant" from the county doing the wedding. I'm more excited about the marriage than the wedding. I'm just so happy...I can't believe how much I love him and his little girl.

And to think I thought I loved my ex! Well, I guess I did, but it was totally different than this.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Okay, trying to distract Alpha.... Hmmm....

3.gif

9.gif

10.gif

16.gif

Don't know if that helped any. Probably gave you a headache. Anyway, congrats--and it's only a few days more!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
W00t!. You can sing all week...."I'm getting married in the Morning. (Insert proper day here and sing in a British accent.) Ding, dong, the bells are going to ring.....etc. etc."

Best wishes to you both. :snoopy:

PandaPolka

Registered
Reaction score
Being engaged, I had to stop in and say congratulations on the upcoming wedding! ^_^

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, thanks everyone!

And quickWit....thanks for that. I'm good now! Completely distracted!

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm so excited! I'm just so happy and so...content. I think it's sad that not everyone gets the chance to feel this way.

lnmorton

Perpetual Lurker
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to drop in and say that I read your subject line as a threat. "Help me get through the week...or else"!

Also, congratulations on, you know, that wedding thing :)

HelloKiddo

bemused observer
Registered
Reaction score
The title of this thread reads like blackmail.

"Help me get through the week or I'm getting married on Thursday."

Wow...uh...OK. That's a weird threat. Don't worry though, man, we'll get you through this. Don't do anything rash, OK?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

Haha, I thought the same thing. :)

Best wishes, sweet Alpha. You deserve a wonderful life. He sounds like he's incredible and that you'll have a beautiful family.

If you can just make it through without being blinded by that thing quickWit is swinging at you...

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, a challenge for you to help you keep distracted. You have to say the word 'banana' in as many conversations as you can between now and your wedding day. Plus, at least 20 times on your wedding day. :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Okay, a challenge for you to help you keep distracted. You have to say the word 'banana' in as many conversations as you can between now and your wedding day. Plus, at least 20 times on your wedding day. :D

oh yeah that's right, let's give her advice that will end up with her missing her wedding cos the fellows in the white jackets come to take her away to some place safe. :D

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score

Oh, man! I didn't see it that way! Haha!!!

If you can just make it through without being blinded by that thing quickWit is swinging at you...

I know! I'm not sure I can handle this...

Hahaha!

I love bananas. I have a banana to slice into my oatmeal this morning for breakfast. I think I'll only eat half of the banana and save the other half of the banana for later.

How's that for starters? :D