I Need a Cookie...

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
In the Romance forum, I've noticed that we have a running joke of sorts that when we're down, or want to bribe someone, or whatever, we offer cookies. Well, I asked Cathy if I could start a "whining" thread that she could sticky where we could come when we "need a cookie". It can be about writing, bad days, children, etc.

I would like to start....

Yesterday was a horrible day at work. My boss was on a war path, I had to battle the grocery store afterwards, realized after I got home that I'd forgotten mine and my husbands cigarettes in my locker at work so I had to go back and get them, tried to put together a small toy for my son that I could NOT figure out--even with the @$#!@ directions, and to top it all off.... I received my SASE back. *whimpers*

Now, a simple rejection is no big deal, but after a day like that, I just didn't need the added misery. However, I appreciate the fact that the agent took the time to give me details as to why she was declining. Even if they did sting. (The silver lining, I suppose)

So, in conclusion....I need a cookie.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
UGH, I am having a down night here, I just feel low. :(

Kharisma

Registered
Reaction score
Okay I can so play this game after yesterday at work. So my manager fired MY assistant (actually the coward made me do it) so now without her I have to work 6 days a week with only Friday's off. He then proceeds to inform me that my weekend vacation for the October first weekend has to be cancelled now that I have no one to fill in. I have had these plans, for oh lets see, 1 YEAR! Yup, I am a newlywed and it is our 1 year anniversary and we were going to go back to the beautiful resort we got married and spend the weekend. Also note that I work every weekend so I never have a day off with my husband. The next day off together will be Christmas. :( :(

Do I get a cookie???

-sherry

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
You get a a box of chocolate cookies and I will secretly curse your boss with the invisible pubic hair lice of doom until you get a holiday. ;)

Sonarbabe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Cathy C said:
You're now officially "stuck." Feel free to whine... ;)

Woo hoo! Thank you, Cathy!

Kharisma: :Hug2: I am so sorry! May your boss lose his hair, be stricken with a squeaky voice resembling Mickey Mouse's and forever have TP stuck to his shoe.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Sonarbabe said:
Kharisma: :Hug2: I am so sorry! May your boss lose his hair, be stricken with a squeaky voice resembling Mickey Mouse's and forever have TP stuck to his shoe.

Ouch! Remind me never to piss you off! :)

What a great mental picture...I can think of a few people I'd like this to happen to.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
veinglory said:
You get a a box of chocolate cookies and I will secretly curse your boss with the invisible pubic hair lice of doom until you get a holiday. ;)

LOLOL! Damn, you're a good curser. <G> When I need a good curse, I'm coming to you.

Sherry and Sonar, cookies for both of you! :e2cookie:

Sonar, glad you at least got some feedback from the agent. That's a good thing. They don't often do that. :)

Susan G.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I need the full box of cookies and they had better well have caramel in them!!!!! LOL

Kharisma

Registered
Reaction score
lol thanks for the curses ideas. I'm going to sit down with my box of cookies and pot of tea and start looking for another job. That'll screw him right up!

Thanks for the support, my bitterness has started to pass though come October 1st I might cry, just a little.

hugs,
Sherry

Sonarbabe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
kristie911 said:
Ouch! Remind me never to piss you off! :)

What a great mental picture...I can think of a few people I'd like this to happen to.

Funny, most people tell me that....;)

Susan: Yes, it was very nice of the agent to take the time to give me feedback, especially considering she was a heavy hitter agent and is a lawyer on top of that, so I know she's really busy. It just really stung when she mentioned that by my synopsis the story didn't sound believable. (Ouchies) Oh well. Like they say, this is a highly subjective business and I have two more shots left to go before I drown my sorrows in double chocolate fudge brownies with peanut butter chips.

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Veinglory and Sonarbabe:
I always want to be on your side!! :) I am I am :scared:

I heard some good news today for a change after 3 weeks of doom and gloom.

Sooooooooo I ate a 100 gram Cadbury chocolate bar with Hazelnuts
within 10 minutes...like I hardly noticed I ate the whole thing.

Do I owe anyone anything now that I have transgressed? :D

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Death by Chocolate cookies for everyone !!! on me !!!!

hee hee

Cheers :)

Sonarbabe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
I had a near miss today with an agent. :cry: They said that every one at the agency was drawn to my work, but my pacing was a bit slow and it took them too long to warm up to my MC. Still nice, but it was a rejection.

I need a cookie, darn it.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Sonarbabe said:
I had a near miss today with an agent. :cry: They said that every one at the agency was drawn to my work, but my pacing was a bit slow and it took them too long to warm up to my MC. Still nice, but it was a rejection.

I need a cookie, darn it.

:e2cookie: and :Hug2:

Sorry, Sonar!

Susan G.

Alex Bravo

Registered
Reaction score
Kharisma said:
Okay I can so play this game after yesterday at work. So my manager fired MY assistant (actually the coward made me do it) so now without her I have to work 6 days a week with only Friday's off. He then proceeds to inform me that my weekend vacation for the October first weekend has to be cancelled now that I have no one to fill in. I have had these plans, for oh lets see, 1 YEAR! Yup, I am a newlywed and it is our 1 year anniversary and we were going to go back to the beautiful resort we got married and spend the weekend. Also note that I work every weekend so I never have a day off with my husband. The next day off together will be Christmas. :( :(

Do I get a cookie???

-sherry

How bad do you need that job? I had a job where the people didn't allow vacations, for new employees, during Christmas so we weren't even supposed to ask. I then proceeded to tell my manager I had to go, because I was going out of the country and plans were made months ago. Again he said no, company policy. Later, I came into the office and said, "I'm not asking. I'm telling you that I'm going and if you have to fire me, then that's okay with me." Um. He came back later and said it would be okay just don't tell anyone I was leaving.

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Sonarbabe!! So so sorry :(

:Hug2: :e2flowers :e2cookie: here's your double double chocolate cookie

Now tell me who they are and I'll take care of them for ya :box:

Josie :)

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Sonarbabe,

That is bittersweet news, isn't it?

You should take two cookies and get a good nights sleep. Things will be brighter in the morning.
Keep 'em in your sights!:guns:

Sonarbabe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Thanks guys, I appreciated the pick-me-up. :Hug2:

sanremoave, yes it was a very bittersweet letter. It gives me hope really. Last time I received rejections for partials, I never received praise or reasons for rejection, so I can only assume that my writing really is getting better. :)

Josie, you're just too sweet. :LilLove: Actually, it was Browne & Miller who turned me down. They're one of the big guys, so to have them tell me that every one at the agency liked my work in general is a very nice way to soften the blow.

Susan, thank you for the cookie and hug!

And on Sunday, I'm going to work on my 2 page synopsis, because I have one more agent looking at it. If he should turn me down, I'm going straight to Harlequin. I'm too stubborn (too stupid??) to give up on this story. After that... I'm going to write the next one. Dammit, Harlequin will know how fantabulous I am one way or the other. :ROFL:

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Sonarbabe:

I'm glad you're being stubborn in this business!! It's necessary.
Yes your letter of rejection was a positive--as you all say a
"bittersweet" letter.

So Browne & Miller are the culprits. I guess I've had my head in the sand as I've never heard of them. I'm going to have a look at them.

Back to writing. Keep going :)

Cheers Josie