YA Blogroll

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Lol alright alright, but I warn you, I'm not the best with summaries...I usually end up making it seem really lame :tongue.
It has been four hundred years since the fall of civilization. Four hundred years since the remnants of humanity banded together to form a society. Four hundred years since the democracy that we once valued became corrupted, changing into a Communist Dictatorship where murder occurs on the very streets and citizens merely turn the other cheek. It's been four hundred years since those that refused to live under the vicious tyranny, fled.

They are known as Ferals. Feared by the citizens who label them dangerous, simpleminded, and brutish. This fear causes the government to send out Scouts to track down and retrieve Ferals in an attempt to train them and reintroduce them into the City.

When Samara is found while out hunting, she immediately thinks her life is over. She has heard all of the stories, been told all the tales. How could she be expected to act like a...a lady? How could she be forced to marry someone she doesn't even know? How could she allow men to treat her like scum and make her slave over laundry and dishes?

She is handed over to Jeremy, an Adapter tasked with transforming Ferals to citizens, but she is determined to undermine everything he has planned for her. She knows that if he cannot convert her to be civilized, he will kill her. Her only option is escape or death, there is no in between.

Oh, MY!!! wow, I LOVE it!! Get writing, chicky!!! I wanna see some of that!!!

I'll most likely post more GOLDEN. Seeing what you guys think keeps me writing...

lm728

i'm baaaacccckkkkkk
Registered
Reaction score
I have noticed that no one posted the TWFT link?
Okay. Well, it's below.
(author interviews, book reviews, about the writers/novels, how i got an agent--cough cough Kody and Megan--and...stuff)(I did the Susane Colasanti interview! :) )

tilt

JustLaurie

Too young to care
Registered
Reaction score
I have a tease. Link's in my sig.

JustLaurie

Too young to care
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll go check it out. And I will be sure to read yours too! :)

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
I can't comment on any of the Blogger blogs. :( So far I've gotten an error message for all of them except one, and that one didn't show my comment after I posted anyway. Sorry, guys. I'd comment if I could!

This is what it tells me whenever I try to post:

We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

When reporting this error to Blogger Support or on the Blogger Help Group, please:

* Describe what you were doing when you got this error.
* Provide the following error code and additional information.

bX-m9h15s

There are some really great teasers this week, too!

Last edited:

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I can't comment on any of the Blogger blogs. :( So far I've gotten an error message for all of them except one, and that one didn't show my comment after I posted anyway. Sorry, guys. I'd comment if I could!

This is what it tells me whenever I try to post:

There are some really great teasers this week, too!

I couldn't comment on yours, either. I'm not a livejournal user, but maybe if you fixed it to "Anonymous" I could post!! :)

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
Hmm. I did have my journal set so anyone can post--I'm not sure what's going on with it! I'll have to do some investigating.

This isn't strictly related, but I'm having a "word war" challenge on Twitter tomorrow for anyone who is interested. Basically, we state our word count (or page count, chapter count, etc.) goal, then update throughout the day as we work toward it. That way we can motivate each other and keep each other accountable. We're thinking of using the hashtag #wordwar (though that's not 100% decided yet) if anyone wants to participate or follow along. Or you can follow me and participate that way--I'm carriebp.