zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Where the missile lands is someone else's problem. That is the whole point of trebuchets after all. :evil

Have you actually been out of the US long enough to forget how litigious everything here is?

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Um, probably, cause that didn't cross my mind.

Yeah, that could be an issue. Let me retract until I can find a viable alternative, if I can.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Surely if you built a very small, yet very powerful trebuchet, no one would know where the actual missile had come from. Isn't that part of the point? Either that, or you use something as a missile that could have come from anywhere.

Morning :Sun:

My brain woke up extra early, kept me awake for ages and then when I decided to get up, it went back to sleep.

Would anyone like to swap brains for a day? I think mine needs freshening up.

:Coffee:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I now have a disturbingly hilarious image of Zan hurling dead ducks through the air.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
See. I would have been caught. There is no escaping a girl with siege engines.

One of the folks that worked on the ballista teaches physics. He spent the ride back from Mississippi figuring out how to use the ballista in the lecture he had the next day.

Yes, we're very geeky.

:ROFL::Hail: Both of these just had me rolling. :) Love it!

Cleaning out my desk. :e2bouncey

*does a happy dance with you* :e2bouncey

I can't seem to edit now that I've discovered this adorable new-to-me creature.

OMG. That is the cutest thing ever! I want one, now. Don't worry little critter, I won't let you become extinct!
TheSaddest.png

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Cantinanites. It is Friday, which would usually be a cause for joy only I have work on both Saturday and Sunday. *sigh*

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Sparkles! Ali!

Alas, I have been organising a wedding and meeting the folks. Ugh. Details later. This weekend: Alt.Fiction!

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay to everyone and good evening to everyone else...wait, um, never mind.

Evening!

I am sleepy, it is 9:15 pm had my word count for the day is zero. Need to fix that before bed.

Glad to see you around Psycho. You haven't been around enough.

Following is for people with kids, so ignore as you will.:)

Little Debio's favorite new game.

Beeeeee beep.
Beeeeee beep.
beee beep. Beee beep beee beep.

beebeepbeebeepbeebeepbeebeepbeebeep

Beeeeeep!
(think Jaws and thumb/index finger combo to grab a nose)

At the first beeeee beep, even if on the far side of the room, both hands fly to his face to protect the nose.

Plus, I have a new super geek solution to the monster in the closet problem if anyone is interested.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
Surely if you built a very small, yet very powerful trebuchet, no one would know where the actual missile had come from. Isn't that part of the point? Either that, or you use something as a missile that could have come from anywhere.

In my neighborhood, I'm make the missle out of hickory nuts and sweet gum balls. Two trees of plenty around... hurts the feet to walk barefooted during the summer.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
In my neighborhood, I'm make the missle out of hickory nuts and sweet gum balls. Two trees of plenty around... hurts the feet to walk barefooted during the summer.

For pure evulz, I recommend the chestnut hull:

wcade12fr30724.jpg

those little spines are sharp, and insidious; the tips break off and lodge under your skin.

In other news....

:hooray::snoopy::banana::Jump:

It's morning! I love the morning, especially when I'm about to finish a writing project! Not the space pirate thing, that's still in outlines.

come on, guys, dance! It's a lovely day!
:Sun:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

So.... It's Friday the 13th and I'm exactly 7 days away from this due date. At this point, a Friday the 13th baby sounds great. :) I have this strange hope that I'll go to the doctor here in a bit and she'll say, "Well you're close enough why don't you go over to the hospital and well just get this done."

Following is for people with kids, so ignore as you will.:)

Little Debio's favorite new game.

Beeeeee beep.
Beeeeee beep.
beee beep. Beee beep beee beep.

beebeepbeebeepbeebeepbeebeepbeebeep

Beeeeeep!
(think Jaws and thumb/index finger combo to grab a nose)

At the first beeeee beep, even if on the far side of the room, both hands fly to his face to protect the nose.

Plus, I have a new super geek solution to the monster in the closet problem if anyone is interested.

I love your Little Debio stories. I think it's cute to see a dad gush about his kids. :) Plus, I'm glad I'm not the only one. hehe.

I can't seem to edit now that I've discovered this adorable new-to-me creature.

This is cool and I want one. Although, it might eat my dog...

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
For pure evulz, I recommend the chestnut hull:

wcade12fr30724.jpg

those little spines are sharp, and insidious; the tips break off and lodge under your skin.

In other news....

:hooray::snoopy::banana::Jump:

It's morning! I love the morning, especially when I'm about to finish a writing project! Not the space pirate thing, that's still in outlines.

come on, guys, dance! It's a lovely day!
:Sun:

Oh and those look like little evil animals, what with a mouth like that and all. Creepy.

And yay for finishing projects! I can't dance too well in real life right now, but Snoopy will do it for me. :snoopy:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*le sigh*

Overly Helpful Co-Worked is wearing the hell out of the carpet by our cubicles. I've counted 10 trips to and fro in the past hour.

Eff dude, go home or get to work. Some of us don't need or want the distraction...

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Good morning, Cantinaroos!!

So, permanent position at company I temp for has come up (in another area). It's a part time type of gig. I was mildly interested in it, but surprisingly both of my parents have said it sounds like it might be a good opportunity for me and would allow me to pursue my writing and other interests.

It felt very odd for some of the things I want to do to be taken seriously. Especially since my dad was all Permanent Job!!! And Benefits!!! before. Of course, he did comment on how much happier I seemed after I knew I was leaving old job.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
*does a happy dance with you* :e2bouncey

YAY!

Did you? And if not, do it! :D

I already done did it. Making notes for coworkers now on remaining projects. Then, my termination call. Then...FREEDOM (for a little while)

Oh, and Happy Leaving That BatS*** Crazy Job Day, Hillz!!!11!1!elebenty!!

THANK YOU

*le sigh*

Overly Helpful Co-Worked is wearing the hell out of the carpet by our cubicles. I've counted 10 trips to and fro in the past hour.

Eff dude, go home or get to work. Some of us don't need or want the distraction...

Trip wire?

Yes, we prefer our distractions to be amusing. Or dirty. Or both. :D

Hi Snowball2695. :welcome:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, all, and happy last day, Hillz!~ :D

OMG. That is the cutest thing ever! I want one, now. Don't worry little critter, I won't let you become extinct!
TheSaddest.png

Right?!

Good Morning Friends!
This is cool and I want one. Although, it might eat my dog...

Good luck with the doctor! And well...maybe your dog is tougher than he looks?

*le sigh*

Errr sick? That sounds like no fun at all for anyone. :(

Good morning, Cantinaroos!!

So, permanent position at company I temp for has come up (in another area). It's a part time type of gig. I was mildly interested in it, but surprisingly both of my parents have said it sounds like it might be a good opportunity for me and would allow me to pursue my writing and other interests.

It felt very odd for some of the things I want to do to be taken seriously. Especially since my dad was all Permanent Job!!! And Benefits!!! before. Of course, he did comment on how much happier I seemed after I knew I was leaving old job.

Oh that's great! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.