The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Lily! That's amazing. What a difference a contract makes! Next it's photoshoots and book signings... Thanks for the peek into the glamorous life.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Lily! That's amazing. What a difference a contract makes! Next it's photoshoots and book signings... Thanks for the peek into the glamorous life.

*snerk* Which is preceded by long nights of edits (deadline: mid-April) mixed with the Day Job. Translation: I'll need 5 pounds of pancake (stage) makeup for that photo shoot to change this: :troll into this::e2file:. Or perhaps a visit from her: :e2fairy:

:tongue

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Writing is all about illusion, Lily. Just let us cling to ours until we join you in the circle of hell.

wittyusernamehere

Registered
Reaction score
How cool Callalilly! I read the pancake make-up line and couldn't stop myself from Homer Simpsoning "mmmmm..... Pancake. *drools*"

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Came home to find two e-mails from The Editor with cover quotes for my book! *glee!* Don't know if I can post them publicly yet, but I'm all kinds of giddy. No one hates me yet!

shinta

Registered
Reaction score
Finished my rewrite for my agent end of last year. Supposed to go into submission any time now. It is hard now to have "nothing" to do( except stare at my WIP) or perhaps, I should enjoy this lull before the next wave of anxiety takes hold( after I go into submission).

Guess, I am just looking for some hand-holding and the companionship of those in the same boat...

Anyone who is just about to go on submission out there, please speak up.

Goodluck to those of you already waiting to hear back from editors. The beginning of a brand new decade is ripe with possibilities, right?

Last edited:

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
While I was waiting to see if I was allowed to post the cover blurbs, another one came rolling in! :e2thud:

But go visit my blog, all the quotes are up there!

Squeeee!

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Wow Tas, congrats! The quotes are awesome and the people who made them are (to say the least) impressive!

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Ok guys, just so I'm held accountable, I'm posting my year of goals here for you all to see.

I think I'm going to go stark raving mad.

January - Finish first draft of Book 2. Do first preliminary revision, and get it out to betas.
February - Finish final revision/polish of Muse, pitch it to The Agent.
March - Finish first draft of my last Nano novel, get the preliminary revision done, get it out to betas.
April - Implement beta notes into Book 2, get it shipped to The Agent (if he wants to see it first)
May - Implement beta notes into Nano novel, possibly start outlining new plot bunny hopping around in my head
June - Promotion for Devil
July - Promotion for Devil, polish Book 2 & send it to The Editor.
August - Outline Book 3
September - Begin book 3, do whatever revisions on book 2 that The Editor requires
October - Book 3
November - Plot bunny book for Nano
December - Book 3

WOW. :Hail:

:fistpump I just got a welcome letter from my editor! they're having a "vision" meeting for my book tomorrow! :banana: Then she asked me how I felt about revisions, and I repeated my usual: I have coffee and an X-acto knife. Bring it. :sword:

:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Wooooohoooooo!!!:hooray:

Came home to find two e-mails from The Editor with cover quotes for my book! *glee!* Don't know if I can post them publicly yet, but I'm all kinds of giddy. No one hates me yet!

Yay! :partyguy:

Finished my rewrite for my agent end of last year. Supposed to go into submission any time now. It is hard now to have "nothing" to do( except stare at my WIP) or perhaps, I should enjoy this lull before the next wave of anxiety takes hold( after I go into submission).

Guess, I am just looking for some hand-holding and the companionship of those in the same boat...

Anyone who is just about to go on submission out there, please speak up?

Goodluck to those of you already waiting to hear back from editors. The beginning of a brand new decade is ripe with possibilities, right?

Good luck!!!

Cool Tas!!!

I'll be happy with a

"it's good" -unknown never heard of before author who no one knows.

:roll:

shinta

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, HappyCamper. How long did it take to sell your book iow how long where you in the circle of hell?

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Shinta. I've been on sub 10 weeks. I got one rejection at week 3 or 4, one at week 6 or 7, and then no news from the rest of the crew. The holidays, economic torpor, utter forgettability of proffered manuscript -- who knows the reasons. I'm figuring some news trickles in over the next several weeks. Several editors said they were reading it before the holidays, so unless that's a check-in-the-mail kind of thing, they have to have formed some opinion by now.

What kind of stuff do you write?

shinta

Registered
Reaction score
I managed to navigate my way to the blurbs, Tas. They are indeed fantastic!

Great that your book moved so fast, Happycamper. At least, it's good to know that such things CAN happen. Great job!

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Shinta! (But it did seem MUCH LOOOOOOONGER during the times I was obsessively refreshing my inbox... :))

Kellion: I'm sure great news is on its way! :)

shinta

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Shinta. I've been on sub 10 weeks. I got one rejection at week 3 or 4, one at week 6 or 7, and then no news from the rest of the crew. The holidays, economic torpor, utter forgettability of proffered manuscript -- who knows the reasons. I'm figuring some news trickles in over the next several weeks. Several editors said they were reading it before the holidays, so unless that's a check-in-the-mail kind of thing, they have to have formed some opinion by now.

What kind of stuff do you write?

Two rejections must be nothing at all in this crazy world of publications. So, don't let that worry you. Many more to go and all you need is one editor to fall in love with your work. I don't think this silence means that those others editors have read your work but forgot to contact your agent. I'd bet that they haven't gotten to it despite their best intentions.

I write mainsteam/ literary fiction. And you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.