Anyone thinking about Surrey or Willamette this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
If so, let's think about putting something together. I really want to go in 2012. It'll be my first conference!

I haven't decided which to hit, but if there will be a preponderance of AWers @ one vs. the other, that may decide me.

:)

Phyllo

Still sitting
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Hip-Hop,

Willamette just recently posted its list of agents and editors and it looks like an impressive roster:

http://www.willamettewriters.com/wwc/3/inf-38b.php

So I'm thinking of going, assuming my MS is done by then (if it isn't, I will no doubt have morphed into a tub of goo by then -- not exactly presentable at conferences).

What I haven't yet seen posted on the Willamette web site is the registration cost. Any idea?

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Hip-Hop,

Willamette just recently posted its list of agents and editors and it looks like an impressive roster:

http://www.willamettewriters.com/wwc/3/inf-38b.php

So I'm thinking of going, assuming my MS is done by then (if it isn't, I will no doubt have morphed into a tub of goo by then -- not exactly presentable at conferences).

What I haven't yet seen posted on the Willamette web site is the registration cost. Any idea?

Hi Phyllo-- I've been watching avidly. Wonder why I hadn't heard this, since I'm on their e-mail list.

At this point, I'm leaning more toward Surrey, only because of cost. And if I don't get a job soon, looks like I won't be going at all. The plane fare to Portland is at least $100 more. With Surrey, I can take Westjet and save a little. Yeah...I'm waiting for rates too!

Last edited:

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
And now that I've looked at Willamette, it seems half the folks this year are film reps, and most of the others don't rep my genre, so I'll see what Surrey has to offer when they post their speakers.

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
I'm contemplating Surrey. I haven't been to a conference yet, and since this one semi-sorta close, it's probably the more likely option for me :)

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
I'm contemplating Surrey. I haven't been to a conference yet, and since this one semi-sorta close, it's probably the more likely option for me :)

Hoping we can make it so I can finally meet some AW'ers! If I don't get a job sometime soon though, I won't be going. :(

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got my face all screwed up with the effort of sending get-a-job vibes, but I fear that with my IQ, it'll only work on jobs near me.

(Which would be totally fun!)

Maryn, hoping you get to go to one or the other

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
I've got my face all screwed up with the effort of sending get-a-job vibes, but I fear that with my IQ, it'll only work on jobs near me.

(Which would be totally fun!)

Maryn, hoping you get to go to one or the other

Thanks, hun. :D

It's been better for getting more creative writing done, of course, but the bank account has been suffering, and the unemployment won't last forever.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
So I realized I've got enough air miles to go (as long as I can get a seat on a partner airline flight), and I appear to have gotten a contract job that goes until September, so if I do go, it will be Surrey.

Early registration starts in June, so throwing this back out there. I'm REALLY going to try to go (if I can get husband's cooperation...)

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
BUMP!

I'm going, officially, and I know JJBenedictis is going too. Plus, a friend of mine (non-AWer) from my Edmonton writer's group is coming too.

Come hang with the cool kids! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.