Status
Not open for further replies.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
I just volunteered for the Nebula jury in novels.

There's no way anyone can stay abreast of everything happening in the world of novels alone.

Thus, if any of you read a book and say, "Hey, this should be on the ballot for the Nebula this year, and it probably will get overlooked if I don't say something!" I'd appreciate it if you pm'd me and let me know so I can check the book out for myself.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I hear "Alex and the Ironic Gentleman" is brilliant . . . ;)

Also . . . there's this other book . . . gosh . . . the name eludes me . . . something with Dragon in it . . . I think it might "Last Dragon". Darn it, who's the author? Sorry. You'll have to look it up.

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Austin Grossman's Soon I Will Be Invincible was one of my favorite books published last year.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
Thanks, folks.

I'm looking at books from January 1, 2008-December 31, 2008. Sorry, Adrienne, but you should have buttered up the jury last year. (Hey, Adrienne, are you a member of SFWA? You should join. You don't have to be American to join, nor do you have to be a member to win an Andre Norton, but you should do it, anyway. Why not? Then *YOU* could be on the jury.)

Yup, I'm gullible. I'm also hoping publishers will bathe my mailbox in piles of free books. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.