What do you have planned?

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
I actually wish I was going to have a mellow, 'easy' holiday. Every year it gets more complicated. My sister is, pardon the term, a Nazi, when it comes to Christmas.

Ok, yeah, that's a weird visual, but she gets so stressed out about how everything is supposed to be, and forgets about how it should be. Like just family getting together and having fun.

I miss that.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Not really, just my parents and my brothers and their famillies. So much fun. We even dust off the board games which turns into an absolute war - we are a very competitive lot!

Ha, yeah. We had some deadly games of charades over the years. Have a crazy uncle who took it very big. If he caught someone cheating- which we did, intending for him to catch us- he'd yell at the top of his lungs- "You sonofabiiiitch!"

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Housemate is going to her mom's for family to-do, so I'll be alone most of the day. Will probably heat up some coffee cake (Housemate can't have it--medical reasons) and enjoy while playing video games or watch a movie or listen to music (all of which Housemate doesn't enjoy) or maybe write. Having the house to myself for many hours is a wonderful thing.

When she gets home, we have steaks to cook and then we'll probably go out and see Les Mis.

As for New Year's, I volunteered to work both the eve and the day, since I don't go out and party (I haven't seen a New Year's come in in over a decade--and happy for it), so I figured that I'd let those who want to have the days off. *shrug*

In my family, Christmas is all about kids opening presents, so it hasn't been that exciting for me in a long time.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Housemate is going to her mom's for family to-do, so I'll be alone most of the day. Will probably heat up some coffee cake (Housemate can't have it--medical reasons) and enjoy while playing video games or watch a movie or listen to music (all of which Housemate doesn't enjoy) or maybe write. Having the house to myself for many hours is a wonderful thing.

When she gets home, we have steaks to cook and then we'll probably go out and see Les Mis.

As for New Year's, I volunteered to work both the eve and the day, since I don't go out and party (I haven't seen a New Year's come in in over a decade--and happy for it), so I figured that I'd let those who want to have the days off. *shrug*

In my family, Christmas is all about kids opening presents, so it hasn't been that exciting for me in a long time.

Yeah, I can appreciate that house to yourself stuff. Truth is, I've been encouraging my small small family to go to a relative's on Christmas Eve- mainly so I'd have a better shot at ignoring the whole thing. I could end up alone too, and with no pressure whatsoever to be merry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJzm1_5pBXc

Last edited:

adarkfox

designs books | writes books
Registered
Reaction score
In-laws tomorrow. My own family on the 25th.

This time of year husband and I consider moving a lot.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
Luckily, I'm pagan, so my holiday was the 21st. I say luckily because my mom and I are both working on the 24th and 25th. In fact, everyone is working so much on the 25th that I'm going to go get Asian take-out for dinner because there won't even be time to cook. Christmas pays double, ya know. ;) That's the great thing about being a different religion--they pay you extra to work days which mean nothing to you. I'm going to see Les Mis on the 26th and the Hobbit for New Years, though. Though I'd go see both if it weren't the holidays too, so I'm not sure that counts.

I might go see the midnight fireworks for New Years. I won't decide for sure until 11pm on News Years Eve (because I never decide stuff ahead of time if I'm doing it alone, lol). I don't like people, so I won't be partying or anything.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about a quarter of the way through my movie marathon already. At this rate I'll be reduced to seeing in the New Year with the stack of Asylum DVDs...

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Probably on my own, which is not a big deal for me. I plan on doing some bike riding (once the rain lets up), reading, and probably hanging out in some chat rooms online and of course I'll call the parents (their anniversary is the 26th). I might treat myself to an expensive meal in town, but I'm not sure if places close down around here on Christmas. Just go with the flow and see what happens!

Oh yeah, it seems I like to write in my spare time, so I might do some of that too.

Last edited:

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I ain't got no plans...which is the best plan. Mostly catching up on sleep and being lazy my days off. I don't have to go Christmas shopping, I don't have to travel through the airports, I can just sit on my fat booty and relax. Ah, the benefits of no kids or extended family around the holidays can be quite nice.

:D

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I'm about a quarter of the way through my movie marathon already. At this rate I'll be reduced to seeing in the New Year with the stack of Asylum DVDs...

What kinds of things have you watched?

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I ain't got no plans...which is the best plan. Mostly catching up on sleep and being lazy my days off. I don't have to go Christmas shopping, I don't have to travel through the airports, I can just sit on my fat booty and relax. Ah, the benefits of no kids or extended family around the holidays can be quite nice.

:D

Sounds absolutely healing...

Just how fat is your booty?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
What kinds of things have you watched?

Face/Off, the complete Batman collection, Alien quadrilogy (and some of the bonus material), Red, The Fly (Cronenberg), Timecop, Terminator Salvation, The Losers, Burn After Reading, Pi... Working through the things I haven't seen in over a year mainly, and I'm starting to understand why I haven't revisited them sooner.

The Tyburn DVDs are actually starting to look appealing. May sneak them in before I'm reduced to watching Asylum DVDs.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Face/Off, the complete Batman collection, Alien quadrilogy (and some of the bonus material), Red, The Fly (Cronenberg), Timecop, Terminator Salvation, The Losers, Burn After Reading, Pi... Working through the things I haven't seen in over a year mainly, and I'm starting to understand why I haven't revisited them sooner.

The Tyburn DVDs are actually starting to look appealing. May sneak them in before I'm reduced to watching Asylum DVDs.

I haven't seen even one of these movies...

I really have to broaden my horizons.