zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Is there a SFF mod lurking? Book study needs a sticky.

Duly stickied.

It's pretty damn old too, it came out in 1985.

*ahem*

I remember 1985 when it was young, shiny and new, you whipper snapper. The most interesting thing of the year was watching Bob Geldolf swear on live tv.

^This, except I missed the Bob Geldof thing.

Has nostalgic moment for the ARPAnet, no spam, and usenet all the rage...

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hi all!

I brought my laptop to write during lunch. I need a kick in the butt to write Moar!

Tonight, I'm going to my alma mater to see Kevin Hearne! Woo!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, at this very moment I'm trying to teach my mom how to use smiley faces in text, via text. She's got a nicer phone than I do and doesn't really know how to use it.

I find this pretty amusing. :D

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
:roll:

Logan is desperate to crawl, but isn't quite there yet. He'll swing his legs in the air and catch his feet, and he can kinda wiggle around, but he's not quite got the concept of moving under his own steam. Desperately funny to watch though.

I keep saying this. Abby keeps mocking.

Hey, my main want for a baby comes out of the desire to watch you get peed/pooped/spit up on. Best. Entertainment. Ever.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, my main want for a baby comes out of the desire to watch you get peed/pooped/spit up on. Best. Entertainment. Ever.

Um, you do realize that you will also get peed, pooped, thrown up on, be up at all hours of the night, never get any sleep, have to deal with injuries and sickness, never have a social life, have your house constantly a mess and more? And that's all in the first year, never mind the next 20 or so to come.

Not that I'm trying to discourage y'all or anything. Babies are great! Go make one. NOW!

:D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score

Everyone has an awful, terrible fascination with babies crapping, vomiting and peeing on me. Not just you. And - for the record - I have yet to drop him. This should count in my favor as proof that I am not completely out of my depth with little people...

Not that I'm trying to discourage y'all or anything. Babies are great! Go make one. NOW!

Thy will be done.

*desperately calls passport office*

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Alas, the kid-boat is sailing away for me. I'm nearly too old to safely have a child. But I have a niece, so I can get the benefits of a kid without the drawbacks. Win/win. :D

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Um, you do realize that you will also get peed, pooped, thrown up on, be up at all hours of the night, never get any sleep, have to deal with injuries and sickness, never have a social life, have your house constantly a mess and more? And that's all in the first year, never mind the next 20 or so to come.

No problem for me. I worked in a daycare and lived in a sorority house. :D

FWIW, those Little Swimmers DO NOT keep diarreha in when the kid is playing in a pool...

Everyone has an awful, terrible fascination with babies crapping, vomiting and peeing on me. Not just you. And - for the record - I have yet to drop him. This should count in my favor as proof that I am not completely out of my depth with little people...

Thy will be done.

LOL. You are much better with your niece and nephew than you seem to think. Just don't teach him the 'Pull my finger...' thing...

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Thy will be done.

And this is why women can always talk a man into having a baby.

:evil

Alas, the kid-boat is sailing away for me. I'm nearly too old to safely have a child. But I have a niece, so I can get the benefits of a kid without the drawbacks. Win/win. :D

Yes, it is way more fun to be an aunt than a mom sometimes. :)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
cruel and unusual.

6N2Fa.gif

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Was it BW that mentioned here that there is no reason to buy the Friends series because it's always on some station 24/7? Because that is so true. I watch 2 hours of it every afternoon. It's my reward for not killing my kids before nap time.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

Not to mention when they hit about 18mo and discover that they can get their own diapers off, and if they do, they have Free Art Supplies! immediately at hand.

Wall-fresco. Just sayin'.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Was it BW that mentioned here that there is no reason to buy the Friends series because it's always on some station 24/7?

Yep. :D

And you can add a couple of other shows to that list as well. Channel 4's various Freeview stations are almost keeping me up to date on American television. Of course, that also means I have been exposed to the horrors of some... less than good stuff.

Some awful television shows.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Not to mention when they hit about 18mo and discover that they can get their own diapers off, and if they do, they have Free Art Supplies! immediately at hand.

Wall-fresco. Just sayin'.

I've been lucky so far. Little K's never done that. But we'll have to wait and see what Baby K does.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. :D

And you can add a couple of other shows to that list as well. Channel 4's various Freeview stations are almost keeping me up to date on American television.
I think right now the only reason I don't need to buy Big Bang Theory on DVD is because it always seems to be on E4 nowadays. So that's saving me money... even if it does tend to repeat the same episodes over and over again.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I think right now the only reason I don't need to buy Big Bang Theory on DVD is because it always seems to be on E4 nowadays.

I only have the DVD box-set for season 1. There are no extras (well... two featurettes, but really? They couldn't even spring for a couple of commentaries?), so it is not worth wasting money on the series if I can see it on television. Not really surprising really, as it is Warner Bros, who seem intent on producing a bazillion DVD editions for everything and screwing with viewers. They are right up there with FOX in my opinion at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.