Mythomania May 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Keep the faith, Zelenka. It will come together if you keep plugging away :)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can balance out the 'doing well' - I'm -10,000 today. Starting again (again) but this time I really actually do think I have it sussed. Plot was wrong, characters were wrong, pretty much the whole thing was in a mess. Hoping to get a few words done on version 4 tonight.

That's a bummer, Zelenka.:Hug2:

But at least now you know where you want the plot to go, and you have a clearer picture of the characters. Hopefully, the words will flow from your pen/fingertips.;)

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I got up early this morning as the agency could have phoned with some work for me. I sat and typed rather than just sit and watch the clock - 973 words which brings the prologue up to 2443!

Just for the record - this is my 2000 post!!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got up early, too and - 952 words this morning!! I'm so excited. And really, they're quite tight, but I'll edit them up or down this afternoon after lunch.

952! I haven't counted, but I think that pulls New Novel over the 2,000 word mark! And - it's got an Outline, which I've never had before!

:Sun:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
483 yesterday, plus some tearing-out and putting-back-in. I've never dithered this much about a WIP before. My self-confidence is kind of shot. I need to just plow forward.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
483 yesterday, plus some tearing-out and putting-back-in. I've never dithered this much about a WIP before. My self-confidence is kind of shot. I need to just plow forward.

Sometimes that's the hardest part. Hang in there. Plug on. :Hug2:

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
410 this morning, which is good, but I'm still need around 4k more by the end of the week to stay on track. Plus I'm off on holiday for the last week of the month (going to Monaco, baby! Grand Prix here I come!) so I need to try and buffer a bit.

Basically I'm making my excuses now so when I miss my 10k a month target I can point and say "see, told you I wouldn't make it". ;)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the thread, onesecondglance!

I got three paragraphs in yesterday. They did not want to be there. Maybe I need an explosion...

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Basically I'm making my excuses now so when I miss my 10k a month target I can point and say "see, told you I wouldn't make it". ;)

Nah - that's not gonna work. Mamajude's seen that one before.

You may need to distract her with cookies...

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I do make rather good ginger biscuits (if I say so myself). Although baking would take up more writing time... :D

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
So many thoughts and possibilities after attending the state writers' conference. I was also amazed by the kindness of a major NY Times Bestselling author who offered to help me evaluate a contract. There's something extra supportive about your local con. I think anyone who gets the opportunity to attend one should do so. Instead of feeling competitive, this group truly wants each of us to be successful ourselves. That reflects well on their organization.

I wrote 2300 words yesterday before breakfast and then got a request to deal with, so I spent much of the rest of the day putting together an outline of my book. 3434 more words. If you count that, I got 5734 words for the day! Yay.

Have a great write,

Lucie

PS: I just wanted to say that after feeling extremely upset about something in another room, I tried to leave this forum for a few days, but missed you guys. You are priceless!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like a great experience, wonder, and great news! Glad you couldn't stay away from us. We'd miss you. :)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

It's hard to keep going sometimes, but you can do it, HJ:Hug2:

Just for the record - this is my 2000 post!!

Congrats Shakesbear.

458 words today so far. Hoping for more later.

PS: I just wanted to say that after feeling extremely upset about something in another room, I tried to leave this forum for a few days, but missed you guys. You are priceless!

I'll second Namatu, glad you came back, Lucie.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I do make rather good ginger biscuits (if I say so myself). Although baking would take up more writing time... :D

Don't forget that Mama is vegan. And yes, I am terribly easily distracted. But I have my eye on you! :e2steer:

(Mama is also a little bit of a stalker. But a fun one!)

I wrote 2300 words yesterday before breakfast and then got a request to deal with, so I spent much of the rest of the day putting together an outline of my book. 3434 more words. If you count that, I got 5734 words for the day! Yay.

Have a great write,

Lucie

:hooray: on the request!!!

:hooray: on staying!!! We need your beautiful face around here, my friend. :)

It's hard to keep going sometimes, but you can do it, HJ:Hug2:

Thank you. :)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Let's not be crazy, here. :) Here, I'll slip you some Earth's Balance butter.

So... what song?

:tongue

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Talk of chocolate cake on the 'crime and chocolate' thread, and now we have cookies here.

Now I'm hungry...

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
So... what song?

:tongue

There's no right answer to that, is there? If I say one of my own I'll be indirectly forcing myself to post links, and if I say someone else's my musical taste will be up for critique! :D

... a-ha! The answer is: "What song would you like to hear?" :tongue

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
There's no right answer to that, is there? If I say one of my own I'll be indirectly forcing myself to post links, and if I say someone else's my musical taste will be up for critique! :D

... a-ha! The answer is: "What song would you like to hear?" :tongue

You'll be fine if you offer chocolate with the song.

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
I was soooooo not in the mood to write today. :(

BUT, I managed to kick out my 500 finishing with 544.

I am now something like 200 words shy of averaging 500/day for the month. I am slowly making up missing the first two days.