XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cantinaites, by way of establishing an alibi for me...

If Verizon's corporate headquarters should re-enact the last 60 seconds of Fight Club.... I had nothing to do with it.

I was here the whole time.

Right?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cantinaites, by way of establishing an alibi for me...

If Verizon's corporate headquarters should re-enact the last 60 seconds of Fight Club.... I had nothing to do with it.

I was here the whole time.

Right?

Absolutely, M. Durg...uh, Bos.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
And this one is for Ace:

enthusiasm.jpg
That. Is. Beautiful.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for birds, Gina. What kind?
I think my white throats are using the feeder and suet block. o_O

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

Lots of black-capped chickadees. Saw the mocking bird there, too.

I'm wondering where all the finches and sparrows are though... usually they're all over the feeder!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Speaking of birds, I haven't seen any Cardinals around here. Which is odd, because we had them in the summer, and now that winter is here and they are supposed to be around they are not.

I'm not entirely sure what's coming in to my feeder, but that's because it's down on the ground while I'm up on the second floor. I can see it out my living room window, but only after just about putting my nose to the glass.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
10, couldn't find your flood-post in the brief few moments I have, but sending you lots of stay safe and dry wishes.

Zan - You could always open a window or two, let the basement freeze, and turn it into an indoor skating rink.

Sadly, my one teeny tiny window doesn't open, and is covered with a thick coating of construction dirt and decades worth of grime, and they can't clean it because apparently some brilliant person decided to coat the glass with some substance full of PCBs, so it's like trying to look out on a dust storm:

6642973239_aa78404150.jpg

And yes, today is day three of the foul stench, although it's slightly better than yesterday. Also, today was Staff Appreciation Day and they were taking all of us out to lunch, and everyone left without me, even though my office is right next to several of theirs. So yeah, feeling *deeply* appreciated at the moment.

Just a few. :D Work irritations right now.

Then spousal irriations later.

I hear ya on the former, and am generally grateful I don't have to contend with one of the latter.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I LOVE down pillows; you can keep your stupid foam!

Yay, good for you! And yes, allergic-to-feathers me is very happy to keep my stupid foam :)

OMG! Post 1000 for me!!

congrats! :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, the flicker has returned. He looks like a speckle bellied godzilla on that suet cage. So handsome too. It's a shame the feeder just went into the shade of the house. (My house is awesome because I can see my feeders from the kitchen and dining area, and also from the part of my bedroom that juts out. So while I'm at the computer I can turn my head to check my feeders.

...which is good because I also JUST saw a semi-feral cat sneaking up from the woods. I rasped on the window to warn the birds (most took off) and then went to the door and when the cat stopped staring at the house I jumped out yelling and scared the piss out of it.

I need to find out if the farmer neighbor is feeding these cats or if I'm free to trap and send to the SPCA (after checking with a few more neighbors. None of the near ones have cats.)

Lots of black-capped chickadees. Saw the mocking bird there, too.

I'm wondering where all the finches and sparrows are though... usually they're all over the feeder!

I like mocking birds. When I worked in wildlife rehab we got a lot of mocky babies. I only see one adult at a time at my feeders.

I've started to see more song sparrow though. Another neat little bird... Okay, what bird isn't neat? I mean, c'mon.

OMG! Post 1000 for me!!

WOOT!

Speaking of birds, I haven't seen any Cardinals around here. Which is odd, because we had them in the summer, and now that winter is here and they are supposed to be around they are not.

I'm not entirely sure what's coming in to my feeder, but that's because it's down on the ground while I'm up on the second floor. I can see it out my living room window, but only after just about putting my nose to the glass.

Tons of cardinals here. And you should get a window feeder. The little birds and little kids love em :)

Status
Not open for further replies.