Greetings - and happy new year!

Harry Douthwaite

Travel Videographer Extraordinaire!
Registered
In Time Out for My Sins
Reaction score
Hi there.

So... let me introduce myself. I'm Harry, and I was referred to this forum by Christopher Little literary agency, whom I submitted my novel to and unfortunately did not quite make the mark for them. Still, I'm submitting constantly and I just hope that sometime this year, a reputable agent will be able to help me become a published author!

Anyway, that's my post. Happy new year, everyone!

Nickie

Not too old to learn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nickiefleming.com
Hi there Harry, and welcome to AW. It was nice of that agency to refer you to this forum. You can indeed pick up a lot of knowledge here.

Nickie

Supreme_Overlord

horrific and tragical
Registered
Reaction score
Elsewhere. I'll, um, get back to you on the detail
*Everyone in unison* Hello, Harry. [/Unison] This meeting of Absolute Writers Anonymous is now in session.

Welcome to AW. That agency seems cool, even just from your post. They didn't have to direct you here, which makes it all that much better that they did. Glad to have you.

Last edited:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

yoghurtelf

yoghurt elf say wheeee!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Harry, welcome to the forums :) I think you'll find this place very helpful when you get to the point when you can share your work if you feel like doing so. I know I have :)

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Harry.. Happy New Year back at ya!

Welcome aboard.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Traditional Irish Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

Harry Douthwaite

Registered
In Time Out for My Sins
Reaction score
Thank you one and all for the kind welcomes!
It's going to take me a lifetime to read and understand everything on this forum, so I'll try as best I can to get into gear.

5YOL

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! :hooray:

I am a newbie, too. You will soon find, however, that you do not feel new for too long. Later today, you will be welcoming newbies!

I hope to see you around the boards!

Frank Kelso

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Harry: Welcome from another newbie.
I see the popcorn lady has been around, so you're set to start counting your posts and criting others work in the Share Your Work (SYW) thread. You don't need 50 posts to crit, so get busy. Look forward to seeing your work there.

Harry Douthwaite

Registered
In Time Out for My Sins
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone...

My novel currently has around 41,000 words, but I'm continually adding more and more to the storyline and have yet to change some more things around. I'll look forward to suggestions and ideas from the SYW section when I have 50 posts...