The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Madderblue, this is the kind of day when it's hard to believe my internet connection is working. What? No email? Not even spam? Not even Facebook? None of my friends have found a lost badger on Zooville or learned what breakfast cereal they are?

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone feel like jumping down with their fists clenched to their sides and screaming *E-MAIL MEEEEeeeee* as they obsessively refresh their inbox?

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe some news today. I have started writing my WIP but I think the scene I wrote yesterday is wrong, and will need to be scrapped, combined, or moved. But I finally hit five digits in the word count, so that scene is not going anywhere for now!

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
I'm supposed to hear from the agent today to discuss submissions strategy. That probably means what we have going...ain't going.

I'm about halfway through the sequel. I hope it's not moot.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with the call, Vandal. A strategy is good. A strategy means you have options and a plan for making them real. Courage, friend.

My agent is also thinking strategy for a second round -- at my last pass, she mentioned she had another editor in mind at another imprint in that house. I suppose I should find that encouraging. And another of my passes was from a big-time editor who was clearly the wrong guy for the project, but who had requested the manuscript. Who were we to say no? That was his job!!!)

Anyway, I'm hoping we can submit elsewhere at that publishing house too, since it's an important one for children's lit -- the one that begins with an S and sends around all those cute little catalogs in your children's backpacks. That pass was disappointing.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
You just made my morning Krista! Really! Thank you!!!!! (Am having a crisis of suckitis right now!! LOL)

(On a happy note, I just bought 2 new leather purses yesterday, one in black one in brown and they are the cutest things eva!! Bonus they were one mega sale for $15 each! Woot! LOL)

Aw, glad to have raised your spirits! And yes, retail therapy is always good!

Talked to Agent yesterday about TG, my YA UF. She loves the story and characters, but also has in mind some revisons. So, I'll be strolling down that fun street, lol. I don't mind revisions, but TG was the novel I basically queried, revised, query, revised, revised, revised from like January 09 to late September when I got my agent for DHtP. I've been there, done that, and got a tshirt.

But here I go again!

Last edited:

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
June, that's exhausting to read about. But now TG has a champion in your agent, and you know at the end it will be sent out to editors who will love it too.

Get out the red pen and go to town.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
June, that's exhausting to read about. But now TG has a champion in your agent, and you know at the end it will be sent out to editors who will love it too.

Get out the red pen and go to town.

HAHA, did I mention how it changed from 1st, to 3rd, to 1st? LOL

Yeah, we're supposed to talk again today after I sent her some suggestions about some ways we could go.

Man, this will be the blood, sweat, and tears of my life, lol!

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
I was making little changes in my MS based on notes from the proofer -- which is to say, post-typesetting/galley proofing -- FROM CHINA!

It really only ends when the book has gone to press.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Anyway, I'm hoping we can submit elsewhere at that publishing house too, since it's an important one for children's lit -- the one that begins with an S and sends around all those cute little catalogs in your children's backpacks. That pass was disappointing.

Humm does it rhyme with fantastic? ;) I'm hoping and praying that house picks up my MS too...

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Humm does it rhyme with fantastic? ;) I'm hoping and praying that house picks up my MS too...

HAHA, the who I think you are talking about house was one of the 3 passes that I've gotten. We've already subbed to another imprint there.

They had nice things to say, and it boiled down to this: I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to support DON'T HATE THE PLAYER on our list. The boy-focused YA genre is a little bit tricky and a tough sell, especially in this crowded market.

Sighs. LOL.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
I can SO relate Krista! AM actually STILL revising said book.

I feel your pain!

Srsly, if I didn't love this premise and ADORE these characters, I woulda torched the damn thing a long time ago!!! I'm just not made for Fantasy. The rest of mine are and will be straight up contemp like DHtP. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.