Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
It's because he's safe-sexy, instead of legitimately so. I mean, N'Sync's apparently doing a reunion at some award shows. These things don't ever really go away.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, how did you guys go from duct tape to Beiber? Who's responsible for that madness?

On a similar-ish subject: I saw the Backstreet Boys for their 20th anniversary tour last weekend. And it was awesome. Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but I honestly don't think Beiber's stuff is anywhere near as fun. Plus, I still can't pass by Halloween without watching the video for "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" at least once--that one, and Michael Jackson's "Thriller." It's tradition. Along with my month-long horror movie marathon.

(But seriously, how'd that come out of the duct tape conversation?)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
maybe because they make Beiber duct tape . :eek: And yes, Ted, there are tons of Beiber kid fans- at our store they come in and buy anything with him on it. Crazy, I know, but there you have it.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's mainly the adults, and not so sure that it's hate and anger, as much as just plain sick of seeing his face everywhere. I personally found it sickening that they tried to portray this young boy as a sex symbol on most of his products.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I believe that a nap is a great idea. Go to sleep, Ted.

*gently lifts Ted's head off of tail so as not to wake him*

*lights up the pit and grabs the sporks and sauce*

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
maybe because they make Beiber duct tape . :eek:

*blink, blink*

Dude.

Okay, I really shouldn't judge, because I totally had a New Kids lunch box back in the day, but one must draw the line somewhere. Like, what would his fans be taping?

On second thought, I don't want to know...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
We could eat Lucky Charms, but they're only magically delicious, I'm not sure that that would help. :Shrug:

*goes into a fever coma and dreams of four leaf clovers and a pot of gold*

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks :Hug2: , but no thanks. I had some and it made me quite ill. :eek:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, a hot bath sounds delightful. *sighs* And I love rubber duckys!

But I'll just have to dream about it since I don't have water. :/

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everybody hates Beiber. For the life of me, I cannot figure out who is going to his concerts and buying his crap. There can't be that many pre-teen girls out there going to see him...there just can't be.

Soon enough he'll be a drugged out has been and die on the streets of Hollywood.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Soon enough he'll be a drugged out has been and die on the streets of Hollywood.

Dude. Not cool. I don't like the guy either, but can we not wish death and misery on him? I mean, okay, death and misery is kinda what we do around here, but at least make it more interesting. Like attacked-by-zombie-ninjas or something.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
It's hard, when you grow up in a bubble where everyone thinks you're amazing, and then suddenly you have that bubble popped. I think of writers like Anne Rice and Stephenie Meyer, in particular, but also other artists. People who are told "you are amazing! There is are no critic, ignore the man behind the curtain," what have you, and believe it, because hey, we all want to believe it.

And then are genuinely baffled and hurt when they get criticism, because to them it comes out of nowhere. I mean, that's world-shaking when your whole world is the positive feedback.

Moral of the story: rejection is good for you.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
So, yesterday at work I was asked if I had room in my office for some filing cabinets of materials that all need to be scanned in so we can get rid of all the extraneous paper and move a new engineer in the company over from the Sales area to be closer to production. Turns out there were 4 filing cabinets all packed to the gunnels with stuff. My boss asked me to basically "make this happen" so I did - yesterday, in about 15-20 minutes after lunch with the help of our maintenance guy and a hand-truck (ie an appliance dolly). I'm now the proud owner of 4 filing cabinets in good condition (technically, I'm the owner of 4 regular filing cabinets, a fireproof filing cabinet, and 2 single-drawer fireproof filing cabinets, but those last ones are still down in the engineering spaces). I might also eventually end up with an old, but rather magnificent plotter (Oh, the things I could do with that thing). Eventually I'll have more filing cabinet space than anyone else in the company (and I'm damned well keeping them). They did hire me for "document control" as well as technical writing. Fortunately, I'm probably not going to have to personally scan everything in all 16 drawers of the 4 new ones as we're going to be talking to a dedicated scanning company in a meeting on Monday to see if they can't handle the majority of it. Is this job security or what? :)

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I own four large black filing cabinets - the kind teachers have in their classroom. Of course, since my mother is a teacher, she stole them and has had them in her classroom ever since. Which is to say, I envy your filing cabinets. They're darn useful.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I've been hoping to get an old filing cabinet to make into a smoker.

I'm happy to say, after a horrid past 48 hours or so, I'm feeling much better and far more stable. Arrogance like mine can sometimes take a beating, but after a while, I always realize how much better I am than the rest of the people in my immediate life.

Status
Not open for further replies.