Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin all!! Here for my morning fix. *strolls over to IV*

Mike--sure hope they find a cure for ya---then you can come back and let us all know what to do. I've been restless for months now, although it could have a little something to do with stress.

Spiral--I have to agree with Mike (being a guy, he would know), the second one sounds like---I scratched your back, now you scratch mine kinda thing!! :D Keep writing--worry about paying the price later!!

Sara!!! I miss your sparklyness!! You must find a turtle that radiates sparkles!!

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
:roll::ROFL:Spiral, it's more than likely the second choice.

Spiral--I have to agree with Mike (being a guy, he would know), the second one sounds like---I scratched your back, now you scratch mine kinda thing!! :D Keep writing--worry about paying the price later!!

Ya think? :ROFL:

:hi:Ubliet, welcome to the pub!

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
*stomps in, slams door behind him, plops down on a bar stool*:rant:
GRRR! Dang critters, take my hard work, my brain child and folded spindled and mutilated it. The gall, the audacity!
*goes behind the bar, rummaging around*
There’s got to be chocolate here somewhere, and bourbon. I haven’t done anything stupid this year, yet.
:D
And you folks think this is fun? Wow, this writing thing is hard irritating work. *rubs hands together, :evil* but it is kind of fun in a masocistic sort of way.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
*pours a drink for DMac*

It's always hard to get crits at first. Will it help to tell you it gets easier?

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
*picks up glass, toasts the room and downs with one swallow*
Thanks, I needed that. I'll sip the next one.
I imagine it does get easier, kind of like after the first 5 feet of crawling naked on ground glass. You really don't notice the next 10 feet at all.
Actualy I just got a two day education that IMHO will vastly improve my writing and by default my books. :hooray: That's the good news. The bad news is I now get to go back and apply what I just learned to the other 175,000 words it has taken me 3 years to pound out. :e2thud:

PenmonkeyAl

Uh... That Guy...
Registered
Reaction score
On the line between the sane and the insane.
Website
www.alexkollar.blogspot.com
Hello all,
Eh its been a while I started a new account. I used to go under the name ZilvaMarx and I decided it was time to not hide who I am... I like to write as a hobby, so I'm not really into impressing anyone (Less I enter a competition then it is game on) Suffice to say I missed the pub!

Appletini please!

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Penmonkey, I kinda new here so I'm never sure where they hide stuff. *stage whisper* I think the dragon, well one of em is hiding the good stuff.
By the way you wouldn't by chance be one of the million who wrote Shakespeare would you? Na, they used typewriters didn't they? But cousins of yours huh?

PenmonkeyAl

Uh... That Guy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Dragons, sounds about right. *Leaps over the bar and makes his appletini* I dont write Shakespeare, thought it would be cool to update MacBeth though.

Nice to meet you, I have been in recession with my writing for a while. Realised just the other day "Hey man, you dont need to impress anyone. Write because it is what you do.."

So I'm kinda going under that philosophy now.

Since I dont know where the "Good Stuff" is is there any way I can interest you in something else?

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
Why thank you kind sir. The bourbon the other day was medicinal. It decidedly save a life, not mine. But today I must fortify myself for the week ahead. So coffee with the power to float an iron wedge would be just dandy.
I think I have made your trip in the last three days. I started out writing for me, then decided what I was doing was so fantasic the I MUST share it with the world. When the world didn't agree with me I dicovered my banished ego was still around, as large and as fragil as ever. So now with my ego properly chastized I am back to writing what I want.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
*pours another round* THe sekrit stash is hiding over there under the neon "sekrit stash" sign :D

Writing for yourself if awesome. Of course, if you aspire to be published someday, you have to beat the ego into submission ;) THe first crit I ever got? I cried. Just the other day I pulled it up and looked at it again (now, mind you, I've had many crits done at this point, but I always swore that first critter was a mean and horrible person) and realized that their points really did make sense. And that's just my 2 cents. :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
THe first crit I ever got? I cried. Just the other day I pulled it up and looked at it again (now, mind you, I've had many crits done at this point, but I always swore that first critter was a mean and horrible person) and realized that their points really did make sense. And that's just my 2 cents.

Yep. One thing about a critiquer taking your work apart is that, at that point, you still have a chance to fix it. When an editor points it out? Too late now for that market. When a reviewer points it out? Too late for anything. )-:

[helps self to a glass of Bailey's, waves hello, sorry I haven't been around lately, crazy few months.]

PenmonkeyAl

Uh... That Guy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hehe, Ill take a coffee IV tomorrow morning. Back to school again, I now write for myself...As per my first crit it was not horrible but at the same time it was rough... not enough to cry over though. I really do need to go back and spruce that up a little. All of this being said I was thinking about writing a story based on a gaming clan I am part of for the original medal of honor (Allied Assault) The premise being its an clan for older people (Older Then Dirt it is called lol). Kinda that whole battle hardened older people with the sudden addition of a younger more green person to the team in the middle of Omaha Beach... or something of that nature.

Just an idea.

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
*pours another round* THe sekrit stash is hiding over there under the neon "sekrit stash" sign :D
What a deviously clever hiding spot. We'll keep it a sekrit.
*makes furious notes and map using disapearing ink*:e2writer:

SuzanneSeese

Comfortably numb by rejections
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.viewofsue.blogspot.com
I read a couple pages back before I barged in here for alcohol.
Butterbean I feel for you. I have been through 2 sleep studies myself. While they suck the rewards of a restful nights sleep once you get your CPAP or BiPAP are great. That is unless your mask leaks air, your head gear is too tight, your mouth comes open at night and you have a gale force wind blowing out of it all night. Oh, and don’t forget the romantic feelings your partner will have when you come to bed looking like the elephant man with a 5 foot tube where your nose should be. Why do I wear this thing again? Oh yea, to get a good night’s rest.
I call my husband Snuffelufagus. < spell check doesn't know what to do with that. :D
But seriously, can I get a Margarita here? The slushy kind with salt around the rim of my glass and a pitcher within arms length?:e2drunk:

I've found myself at a lose for words lately so I thought a drink or five would turn off my left brain and let my right brain stretch out a bit. There's enough room up there in my head I don't know why they have to fight so much.

Sue :Thumbs:

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
One Margarita, coming up. Welcome to the pub, Suzanne.

Glad to hear your weather is nicer, Butterbean! It's still cold here. But, ya know, December, Canada...no surprises there :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, other Suzanne! (-:

Glad to hear your weather is nicer, Butterbean! It's still cold here. But, ya know, December, Canada...no surprises there :)

It hasn't been bad at all here in New England since the Halloween Snowpocalypse, but it's finally turning cold. Hoping snow and other foul weathers will hold off another week or so, as I'm *still* waiting on my very tardy roofer to come replace my won't-make-it-through-a-winter-like-last-one roof.

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
Hey if you folks are tired of the rain (read that as stingy) you could send it to Kansas. If the wheat fields don't get more moisture soon that loaf of bread is going to be about $2 more next year not to mention what will happen to the price of beer and other alcoholic drinks.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, DMac. I met a kid once with eyes like that in your avie. Except the iris' were so pale they looked almost white and the pupils were higher up, where there was more iris under than over the pupil. His parents said he had 20/20 vision. To say the least, they were transfixing to stare into. He was only three then when I saw him.

Just thought I'd share that. :Shrug:

*grabs coffee to go and some Baileys*

*waves and welcomes the newbies*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.