I've been obsessing over this novel

deeper

(so they say)
Registered
Reaction score
The novel I've been obsessing over for more than a year is alt history, but since it took a wee bit of time travel to get there, I suppose that means it's science fiction, too.

Must write every day. I'm addicted to this story, like a drug addict or alcoholic. I spend hours and hours at the keyboard. Rome is burning all around me, but I won't get out of the chair until my bladder forces me.

I will finish this thing! The story must be told!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Welcome:, fellow OCD sufferer.

I understand there are cures. One is psychotherapy; the other is a getting a significant other. Both are pretty spendy, so I write on. :D

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

Feel free to stop by Jed's Newbie Pub at the top of the New Members forum. It's a friendly place where you can hang out, have a virtual drink, and strike up a conversation with other members.

Here's a link to some of the most commonly asked questions in the FAQs, and another for the Absolute Write Dictionary to help you get started. And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, deeper! :welcome:

You'll find you're in good company here. There's plenty of us story addicts around this place! AW is, imo, the best online writing resource and community around, bar none. It's a big place, and can be intimidating when you're new, but it's well worth the effort to acclimate. Dive right in; you won't regret it!

See you around the boards :)

Greene

Registered
Reaction score
Now there's an attitude I love to see! If I'd been that focused, it wouldn't have taken me 10 years to finally finish a novel.

Welcome! :D This is a wonderful place for people who are addicted to storytelling.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, deeper, and best of luck with your story.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Just so you know, alternate history is technically a sub-genre of science fiction, so the time travel doesn't really change the genre, just the focus.

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you finish your story. If you need any help, we'll be around.

Quick tip: I'd start working a query letter now, even if you're not finished with the novel. It could help you identify some issues with your novel and gain a better understanding of the plot. Once you have fifty posts, you can even post it in Share Your Work.

Good luck!

deeper

(so they say)
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome and all the kind words!

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Ha, you'll fit right in here. :D Welcome

AustinT

Just keep on writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Great attitude. Getting into that state of mind is one of the most important steps! Welcome.