I've looked, and am now leaping: Alex's self-publishing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandra Little

What a desolation.
Registered
Reaction score
I've looked at self-publishing, I have examined it from all angles, I have turned a critical eye onto my own writing, and now I am ready to take the leap:

winters-crown-signature-400-pixel-max.jpg

17-year-old Eva is a noblewoman by birth and sailor by training, heiress to a great merchant fleet. Already wounded by her mother’s death, she is then summoned from her tropical home by her long-estranged father to join him in the frozen northern outpost of Winter’s Crown. Despite her hatred of the place and her father, the ruins hidden deep in the mountains draw her in. But her need to discover their secrets causes her to accidentally release an imprisoned spirit, a spirit whose only goal is to consume life.

And now, with the help of her estranged father, her friends, and an elf prince with secrets, Eva must find a way to destroy the spirit for good. For when she awoke the spirit, she became the unexpected inheritor to a battle over old magic, ancient armies, and the ghost of her dead mother.

Winter's Crown is a YA fantasy novel now available for pre-order on Amazon and Kobo:
Pre-order for the Kindle – US Store
Pre-order for the Kindle – UK Store
Pre-order for the Kindle – Canada Store
Pre-order on Kobo

I wrote half of Winter's Crown as my MFA dissertation, and finished the other half last year. It's been through edits and beta reads, and I believe is as polished as I can get it.

What's Next: I will be sending copies out for review to many and sundry places in a hopefully non-spammy manner ;)

The Next Novel: I am editing my next YA fantasy novel Spoils, and it could be released as early as February 28th!

We'll be seeing how i goes! :D

Last edited:

Alexandra Little

What a desolation.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!

I didn't realize that Nook doesn't do pre-orders (unless that is incorrect and I just can't figure out how to do it), and I'm still waiting for iBooks to verify me, or do whatever it needs to do with my tax ID information. The price of ISBNs, and my need to own them myself and not use a Createspace-assigned ISBN, is a bit of a setback for a print edition, but I'll figure that out sooner or later.

AndreaGS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
andreagstewart.com
Your cover is lovely!

Best of luck with the self-pubbing! Just a quick note about the blurb--I think you can delete the second "estranged." Your book sounds like fun! :)

Alexandra Little

What a desolation.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck.

Fix your blurb though

"accidentally releases"

should be

"accidentally release"

Have fun.

Thanks; I swear my computer is not saving changes to my blurb even after I've fixed everything. Argh.

Alexandra Little

What a desolation.
Registered
Reaction score
One week to go! I've ordered up some promo and some postcards, and I've discovered that Createspace and Nook don't do pre-orders (?), which means that the paperback is already live and that I'll be uploading to Nook on Saturday morning.

I won't be stopping with this book, though - my next book is almost finished and the sequel to Winter's Crown is being written. I wish I could be more excited, but I feel slightly exhausted by it all.

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
That cover is gorgeous! It has a very Game of Thrones feel, promising an epic adventure. Good luck and many sales to you!

Lizzie7800

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Mine is being formatted right now, I understand the exhaustion. I had no clue how much work a book requires AFTER it's written! Your cover looks awesome!

Lizzie7800

Registered
Reaction score
That's so exciting! How did your release day go?

Status
Not open for further replies.