How'd You Find This Site?

diana1228

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching Google for what was currently expected in manuscripts (fonts, chapter breaks,etc and a post from this forum came it. It was awesome. So I decided to check out the site. Really glad I did!

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Another writer I know mentioned AW on the Farscape site, Terra Firma, and I checked it out. (Couldn't resist a little plug for TF!!)

Velociryx

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for some news, good or bad, regarding WordClay, and this gem of a site came up on my RADAR... :)

-=Vel=-

LucindaBilya

Thick skinned fish returning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lucindabilya.weebly.com
Alas, hindsight is normally 20/20 and foresight is a lesson yet to be learned.

As so many I have read here, I too, am a victim of the PA "specials" and after the "signing of the contract" I found P&E which in turn gave me a link to this site.

I wished I would have found such sites as this and P&E BEFORE PA got their hooks into my rights.

I am currently trying to get my rights back from those crooks.

hope to learn a lot from everyone here.

cya

Round John Virgin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaelboyd.us
I found this site through what our esteemed presidensity calls "The Google." I was trying to find information about a particular agent. What I learned here probably kept me from making a big mistake. (Though I'm sure I made another one instead!)

DianaDB

Registered
Reaction score
'Nother one who found this site through Google. I was searching for literary agents and came across a very helpful thread...

pandapanda

Registered
Reaction score
Strange, I posted earlier but it didn't post. :(

I actually found this site today through a search of "post original fiction." I was looking for a place to post original fiction and someone on yahoo answers suggested it. I'm grateful because I'm looking for a place where I can read, discuss, post original fiction stories.

I don't know if I'm a great writer or anything, but I would like to get some feedback on some of the things I've written. At the very least, so I can know I need to get a new hobby...

Thanks to the kind people here for reading!

Triomferus

Lightbringer
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site after googling about writing/getting published through a link on a member's blog to the Writers Beware site, which then linked somewhere on it to these forums (there was one other site in-between all of that, but I don't remember what). I'm very glad I did :D.

Last edited:

runner4life

Forever in Elysium
Registered
Reaction score
Tripped over this site when I hit writer's block. Good thing is that I got over it. :D

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Hello, I'm new here

Yes, I am new to this site. I came across it quite by accident when I was surfing around the web for info on an agent. Poked around and decided I'd throw my name into the soup.

I'm also new to the publishing world as well, having finally worked up the courage to submit one of my stories to Ethan Ellenberg's agency - who was rather nice about turning me down, form-letter postcard and all.
I've always had a knack for story telling and my perpetual frustration with my nursing career of the last 15 years was finally my motivation to do something completely different. So, here I am, wading in the surf, hoping to be noticed by a reputable agent/publisher.

So, hello and good luck to us all!

storyteller

Registered
Reaction score
I am quite unoriginal and found this site by Google search, looking for info on the nefarious CLA. Luckily, my due diligence on the company brought me to AW's thread that warns against them. Thank goodness!

rostaria01

writer warrior
Registered
Reaction score
Hello

I am pretty much like story teller, the good news is i have not signed the contract and i am not going to either.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site googling the New York Literary Agency, who, by the way, LOVED my novel. :p

Anne_B

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Harold Underdown mentioned it in a blog interview I found through the VerlaKay Forum.

Bolden

A friend of a friend from a Charlie's Angels show forum referred me here. She publishes school books (also lives in New York which to me is like the publishing capital of America) and when I asked her if she had any friends that could steer me in the direction of publishing a novel (or at least get my foot in the door), her friend referred me here. I'm glad she did to. I've only been looking around a couple of days and love it here!

CybaSumo

Registered
Reaction score
i found this out while looking for a good place to hang out, at google.

pen2paper

Registered
Reaction score
Glad I was referred!

I re-met my best girlfriend from school (like when we were young teens!) thru one of those online class websites. Anyway a google search led me to the best conversation I'd had in years! She is pursuing her dream of script writing. I've had a book in me for years and have virtually ignored it. She challenged me to pursue my youthful passion and sent me here!

darby

Registered
Reaction score
After Googling literary agents, I stumbled across LitMatch. I liked the list offered but something about the site made me uneasy so I started Googling each agent that was suitable for me to gather more information on them. It seemed like everyone one I searched for led me here!

Alice.S

just ate all your candy
Registered
Reaction score
My friend who knows how much I love to write, sent me the website's link in an email

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
I was doing a search for Tarot World Magazine and there was a link to your site's pagan area there, so I clicked it and here I am.