Bioshock Infinite(SPOILERS)- The ending/ loose end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davarian

WARNING: INEXPERIENCED BOOK WRITER
Registered
Reaction score
WARNING: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE ENDING AND WILL HAVE SPOILERS

That said, I feel that AW needs a thread about the crazy twisted ending to Bioshock Infinite. If you have any questions about the ending (I know that I had to play the last chapter not one, or two, but THREE times to understand it completely), feel free to post them here.

On that note, I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be one debatable loose end... At the very beginning of the game, you find a man tied to a chair in the lighthouse, dead and bloodied. Who is he, and why is he dead and tied up with a note around his neck?

I think t's one of three theories:

A) It's a previous version of Booker, the one who was already living in that world (remember that the player's Booker was actually not from that dimension), and killed so that there would only be one.

B) It's a previous version of Booker who failed to rescue Elizabeth and is placed there to motivate the newest Booker (he's tried and failed 122 times)

C) It's the lighthouse guard, killed by Lutece so that Booker could enter Columbia unannounced (I find this one to be most backed by evidence). If Booker succeeds at his quest, he won't have ever gone to the lighthouse, so the guard would never have been killed.

And last (but not least)... How is it that Comstock is sterile, although Booker is not? After all, aren't they the same person?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Answers!

I believe he is a lighthouse guard put there to keep the False Shepard from arriving. The Luteces killed him so that Booker could enter Columbia unannounced - and in fact, they tried to help cloak his presence further by trying to get him away from starting a scene at the raffle (sending him the telegram).

And the reason why Comstock is sterile and booker is not is the same reason Comstock appears old, and why Comstock is dying of cancer: The Quantum Tunneling device that Rosalind Lutece created (which he uses to be a prophet, as he uses it to open tears into the future) causes both cancer, premature aging AND sterility. Most likely because of all the hard radiation it puts out (you can find a voxphone of a woman whose husband got a stomach tumor just by working in the island that the Siphon is located).

I've played this game too many times!

Status
Not open for further replies.