Just Kill Me Now

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hope everything works out fine for you.

Are Death by Sushi and Eaten Alive different novels?

ZapAdRem

YA Sci-Fi: Hoo-Rah!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zapslobstertank.blogspot.com
I did that with a requested partial a few days ago. Beat my head on the desk for a few minutes, then did the edits. The partial got rejected, but that was probably just because she didn't like the writing, not because of my errors.

Vesta

Registered
Reaction score
This happened to me. In my over eagerness I sent a slight older version of a full ms with some errors to an agent. An hour later I sent her the corrected version. I was mortified but I think the errors justified it. I'm sure she was annoyed. Still waiting to here back...this was early May.

Eleni

Registered
Reaction score
Interesting

Okay, here's my query.

Dear (Agent):

Chester Wright hates his life, and why shouldn’t he? After a messy divorce that he didn’t want in the first place, he is ordered to pay an exorbitant amount of support; even though he works two jobs and lives on a friend’s couch, it’s impossible to make enough money to keep up the payments.

After a few months of all work and very little sleep, Chester hates his life so much that he decides to commit suicide. Problem is, his conscience won’t let him. Then he finds out about fugu: a potentially lethal sushi dish made from the highly toxic blowfish. He reasons that if he makes fugu a daily meal, the odds are bound to catch up with him. If he gets poisoned by accident, why, it won’t be his fault.

What he doesn’t count on is falling in love with the pretty waitress who serves him the potentially lethal dish every day at lunch. And, when he befriends a remarkable homeless man, Chester has no clue that a simple act of kindness will change his life forever.

Death by Sushi is a completed 87,000 word literary fiction novel. I will be happy to forward any part of the manuscript to you upon request.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Joyce Downhour

If I was an agent, I would've asked for a full. I love the premise...and title. Good luck!

Esmeralda

Snowman...on the job
Registered
Reaction score
Happy to report the agent asked for the full.
She must like cats, although I know she has a dog.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
What Eleni said.

I love this premise so much I've forgotten that the thread was started with the angst over sending out a manuscript with errors. Best of luck, Joyce. I hope the writing is as good as this story sounds, because I want to read this some day!

Congrats, Esmeralda!

djf881

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Kill you now? The main thing standing in the way of most aspiring authors is lack of initiative. Stop waiting for things to happen to you, and make things happen. Put on your game face, find a better attitude, and then kill yourself. I believe in you.