Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I never want to stop being a student. I'm going to be going to school as long as I can afford it.

...well, I don't know how long that will be, depends on many things. BUT I will definitely 100% want to get a grad degree.

MR- Some agents will say they want to know age straight up, and if so, do it. Otherwise, Kristen Nelson said that an author dropped her age (15) during The Call, and at that point it made absolutely no difference to her because she loved the book. Said author ended up going with someone else, but...

Oh, by the way, my friend just came over with her Proof Copy of the book she's self-pubbing... IT IS SO COOL. She drew the cover herself, it was amazing.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be in school for another 8 years after I graduate from high school next month. Looking forward to grad school, though. I just hope I can get into a really good law school.

Eight years of university? :eek:

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to cut my arts/law degree down to four years by overloading a bunch of subjects, lol. Not sure this is going to work out so well (people keep telling me law school is hard and stuff :p), but I sort of need to finish it quick-ish-ly because I'm more interested in doing an MFA and teaching creative writing or being involved in publishing in some capacity than I am in being a lawyer.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Haha. People always look at me crazy when I tell them that. But if I want to be a lawyer, I kinda don't have much of a choice.

Yikes. I graduated with a qualifying law degree in three years.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I want to do 8 years of university. I love learning. And law school is my backup plan to writing.

But I just want to keep learning.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
My life goal: go to school somewhere in the UK. Preferably England.

Watching Extemely Loud & Incredibly Close with mom. Such a good movie so far.

inkspatters

Registered
Reaction score
*glomps BG back* Tis indeed exciting that we are around at the same time :)

Tally, in all likelihood I will wind up being at University for 9-10 years. My undergrad can't feasibly be finished in four (arts double major in English and Anthropology, plus law school) as much as I'd like to think it can. It'll likely take me five years and then I'll do two years for the MFA and another two-three for a PhD.

I'm not particularly fussed about spending that much time at Uni. I like it, so I totally understand where you're coming from :D

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I would NOT want to go to school in the UK, at least not for undergrad. SO SPECIFIED. I want to learn everything, not just one subject. But that's me.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
JOHN HURT PLAYED OLLIVANDER.

I knew I knew it. It was just recovering it.

inkspatters

Registered
Reaction score
I like doing both the specified and unspecified things at once, so the concurrent Aussie system really suits me. I thought I'd be happy doing a straight arts undergrad last year, but it actually just made me sorta unhappy so I had to switch. I wouldn't be cool just doing the specified stuff, either, though. So fussy, lol.

And ooh, I have heard good things about the movie of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I should be going to bed, but I'm going to carry on writing. To HPDHP2 soundtrack. This might backfire, but hopefully it won't.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I planned on reading the book first, but I didn't get around to it.

And it involves 9-11! Sorry, but me being my nerdy and weird self finds that amusing because when I was in grade six I spent probably the whole school year watching documentaries and researching it.

Yeah, I was a cool kid those days.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I don't really have a back-up plan. Haven't really thought about doing anything else but becoming a lawyer. My mom wanted me to be a surgeon though but that is never going to happen lol

Ink - I've heard law school was hard too but it all just depends on how you look at it. A lot of reading is involved and if you're used to reading, then it shouldn't be that difficult.

I think maybe I'll start studying for the LSAT's a few years in advance though.