XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
See? Y'all get sqweasels and birds of prey and pretty horses. I get a 4.5 foot black snake, and a 6.5 foot copperhead. Yes, that's venomous, for you city types.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Done.

Police-horses600.jpg

Oooh. Now which to buy when they 'retire' from service? :)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
See? Y'all get sqweasels and birds of prey and pretty horses. I get a 4.5 foot black snake, and a 6.5 foot copperhead. Yes, that's venomous, for you city types.

What? You mean you don't find ANY of these versions cuddly?

17herp.jpg

("HUG ME!")

Copperhead5649.jpg

("...and knowing is half how you die!")

000-Copperhead-1S.jpg

("Hey look! It's the M712 Copperhead missi-" BOOOOOOOM!)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting, yes. Cuddly, not so much. particularly when they start feeling all bitey.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Funny, jallenecs, I just had about the most disturbing dream in the history of dreams and there was this one little green venomous snake who kept showing up to indicate how full of life the safe spots were.

When there were safe spots.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
You'd think my bro would figure out that you can't put the cutting board in the dishwasher that way when it becomes impossible to pull out the top rack after he puts the cutting board in that way.

*sigh*

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Today's tandem points of failure:
1. all the million times I've told Eldest not to leave paint in the living room.
2. all the million times I've told Eldest that, if she's watching the little ones and wants to do something else somewhere else, tell me before she wanders off so I can go keep an eye on them.

:gaah

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I think your brother has been hanging out with my husband...

I should probably be grateful he puts stuff in the dishwasher...

But dude... the thingy that goes around and around and squirts water to clean the dishes can't if *you can't get the top rack out* since the thingy that goes round and round is attached to the bottom of the top rack.

It's not rocket science.

It's mechanical engineering. He has two degrees in electrical engineering. So, there you go.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Today's tandem points of failure:
1. all the million times I've told Eldest not to leave paint in the living room.
2. all the million times I've told Eldest that, if she's watching the little ones and wants to do something else somewhere else, tell me before she wanders off so I can go keep an eye on them.

:gaah

Oh. Paint and little ones.

Oh dear. :(

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

:Hug2: to everyone that needs one. TJ, I hope you're feeling better, and Junely too. And how come we can invent disappearing ink, but not disappearing children's paints?

Today may involve reading. It will definitely involve :e2coffee:

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
You'd think my bro would figure out that you can't put the cutting board in the dishwasher that way when it becomes impossible to pull out the top rack after he puts the cutting board in that way.

*sigh*

That would be expecting a male relative to learn/think.

Won't ever happen.

(And I just lost my man card about 1000X over.)

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
Good Morning all.

Sun isn't shining, but I have a kitty who's walking around, purring, and nearing her normal self. I know cat lovers recognize the sign of a happy cat: Tail in air, birght eyes at their human.

She had power behind the meow this morning too.

Thank you to all who offered hugs and support.
Lucky is improving. If she continues to improve, no more ouchies. If not, she's to go talk to her doc again next Monday.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I am very glad to hear that lucky is doing well.

Good evening folks. I am watching Tottoro. I highly recommend it to anyone who has not seen it. Especially if you have children in the 2 to 10 range. Little Debio insists on watching it nearly every day. Even though it has parts that are a bit scary for an almost 3 year old. (Or he pretends they are scary so he can snag hugs. I wouldn't put it past him to be that sneaky.)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yay! Go Lucky.

I just spent about twenty minutes sitting outside on my back doorstep in the sun writing. I think I need sun cream and a larger cushion but it was nice to be able to do it. It's even nicer now I can hear the chap next door working hard at cutting the lawn.

Do I fancy another cup of tea?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening folks. I am watching Tottoro. I highly recommend it to anyone who has not seen it. Especially if you have children in the 2 to 10 range. Little Debio insists on watching it nearly every day. Even though it has parts that are a bit scary for an almost 3 year old. (Or he pretends they are scary so he can snag hugs. I wouldn't put it past him to be that sneaky.)

All the parents in the thread can shut their eyes and pretend this post doesn't exist. Everyone else... Actually, I'm terrible, so you might want to do the same.

I sometimes had a DVD on when Zoe arrived at the house. Most of the time I caught it before she saw the screen, but occasionally (when there was a particular urgency in her tone to "come to the door NOW", most often accompanied by frantic knocking) I forgot and went to let her in - the upshot of this is that she has seen a bunch of horror and SF films which is probably outside of her age range. Well... Aliens isn't that bad. She sat through the facehugger scene without bother, and she watched the dining scene where John Hurt's chest exploded and didn't even blink. When it came to the horrific sight of the alien doing jazz hands in the air duct tunnels when it snatches Tom Skerritt she jumped a foot in the air, then turned and gave me a look.

She's also seen Alien Resurrection, and asked "why is that boy upset" when Winona Ryder was making mopey faces.

*sigh* This is why I should not reproduce...

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She's also seen Alien Resurrection, and asked "why is that boy upset" when Winona Ryder was making mopey faces.

*sigh* This is why I should not reproduce...

This is why the future of our species is in good hands.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, folks!

Cold and rainy here today. Or maybe just rainy and I have chills. Hard to tell.

It's day 4 and still no bedbugs! Woot! At this point, there probably won't be any.

But it's also day 3 of my best friend being in quarantine, lol. Can has group hug?

This is epic. I'm not even being sarcastic when I say I think you win the parent of the year award. All children should by this badass ;)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
She's not mine (which probably makes things worse). My brother hasn't noted any nightmares, so I guess I slipped off the hook for any trauma-inducing dreams of aliens...

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
If she ends up writing really scary horror or sci-fi or something in later years, make sure you at least get in on the acknowledgements. And I'm not a parent so I can say this and wait for the wrath to come at me in a big wave. I honestly don't see what's wrong with showing kids scary stuff when you can easily get hold of fairy tales that are far scarier and that have no age guidance on them at all because they are 'classics'. If it's a choice between Hans Christian Andersen or Hollywood for scary, Mr Andersen wins by a very large margin in my head *shudders*

Oh and Debio, if your son is pretending it's scary so he can be sneaky, then I reckon he's a pretty clever chap. Go sneak hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.