MonkeyBicycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGame

Some guy
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone been submitting to MonkeyBicycle.net? I've had a few things published in it, but neither of my last two submissions came back. Not even a rejection. They usually get back to you in a couple days. The site is still publishing two or three new articles a week. Anyone else able to get through?

RGame

Some guy
Registered
Reaction score
I doubt it. It's been a few months. I think I submitted in February, got no response, then submitted another in April, which I never heard back about either.

CaptainCanard

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CaptainCanard.com
This has nothing to do with their online submissions, but here's my experience with Monkeybicycle print.

A piece I submitted for Monkeybicycle's Dirty Humor Issue was accepted over two years ago. However, while surfing the net earlier this year, I came across a list of writers to be published in the issue and discovered my name was not on the list. I got in touch with the guest editor and he asked me to submit the piece again (not a good sign). I then was told my piece was cut because the publisher reduced the size from 400 to 200 pages, something I would not have found out about if I had not initiated the contact. He wished me luck in placing the piece elsewhere.

The release of the issue has been delayed because several printers did not approve of some of the writing and cartoons in the issue. Maybe my piece was too dirty and graphic even for Monkeybicyle. You can be the judge, though, because it was accepted and published online here.
(WARNING: Contains strong and explicit language, violence, unusually graphic situations, and monkey torture)

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
I haven't submitted to then in a while but they've always been prompt in their returns, and quite encouraging and personable. I know it's a long shot but it could happen--maybe your works were just eaten by the web. Try sending them again with a note that you sent them earlier and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.