XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, I hope Cricket settles in fast.

Zomg, I've been going into the Walmart every so often and their rain barrels are always still sitting there. They've been there since at least last fall! And they havent been cared for and are full of water with the accessory and instruction book drowing in the bottom.

I ask AGAIN for a discount of some manager from Random Department. At first she says 10% like a few others. I'm ready to accept this at this point but I emphasize that they are worn and full of water. She hesitates and asks how much they are (note that not one manager ever went to look at them ffs). I said they are expensive at 80 or 90 bucks. She considered for only a second and said, okay, I'll sell it to you for 60$.

:e2woo:

I bought that baby and jammed it into my prius. It holds 60 gallons and will look good tucked in the corner by the bedrooms. I'm going to add a small frog pond and some bushes later. It already has a tree and ferns and stuff. So awesome.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, Kricket, that pic of baby!Kricket reminds me of something my friend used to say when people told her her baby son was super cute:

"Thanks! I made him myself!"

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I bought that baby and jammed it into my prius. It holds 60 gallons and will look good tucked in the corner by the bedrooms. I'm going to add a small frog pond and some bushes later. It already has a tree and ferns and stuff. So awesome.

Good for you, and well done. Do you have room for more? We have three, one attached to the down pipe and then two attached to that (siphon hosing), we get three barrels worth of water for that same amount of effort as one. I'd get more but there's no more room. The upside is I cant get to reach to clean my windows, so less housework!

Great that you're going to add a pond as well, your wildlife is just going to love it. Er, should ask this? How is the mosquito situation where you are?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a nicer one that is not mosquito friendly, but I'll watch it for larvae.

I plan to put in another pond closer to the garden. So many projects, so little time.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A few minutes ago, I saw a beaver or groundhog or something running around my backyard. It ran right by the chickens who just watched in bafflement. (unlike when the crazy skunk incident had them screaming)

A minute ago I heard then saw a wild tom crossing the road. (turkey).

I think the farmers, who were operating noisey equipment earlier, upset some wildlife habits.

The chickens are great and will be staying locked in their glamerous new run in case some predators come by.

I shot a ballista and I liked it.

:D

(I once asked my boss if her chapstick tasted like cherry chapstick. Luckily she didnt get the reference)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, Kricket, that pic of baby!Kricket reminds me of something my friend used to say when people told her her baby son was super cute:

So she cloned her baby, in other words?

'Cause last I knew, that particular endeavor took two.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A few minutes ago, I saw a beaver or groundhog or something running around my backyard.

If you can't tell the difference between those two, I'm hereby revoking whatever country living credit you had amassed.

And it was more than likely a groundhog.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Om my pieces. I hurt so much all over. Swollen, hurty eye was better yesterday and worse today, so housecleaning is going slow, slow slow.

I gotta plan out menus for the next week though. Any ideas?

Also, I bought a Keurig and having coffee or tea water at the drop of a hat is awesome sauce. I just ordered a couple of reusable k cups so I don't spend all my moneys on single serving coffee. :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TJ- curries, stir frys, roasts. Check out the cooking forum :)

If you can't tell the difference between those two, I'm hereby revoking whatever country living credit you had amassed.

And it was more than likely a groundhog.

It was scrambling about and I had to dart for the door in case my chickens did need rescuing. It looked more groundhog like. So there.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
U so mean.

Brown fur balls running toward the coop/pen are considered carnivorous until proven otherwise :tongue

On the bright side, it didnt ask my hen for exclusive dating privledges.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had to read that twice until I realized you were using my words as your response. Which just shows how tired I am. I've been doing chores and gardening all day. And the kitchen is still filthy and the house is a mess.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
TJ- curries, stir frys, roasts. Check out the cooking forum :)

I vote for this as well. Curries and stir fry are wonderful. I don't have a decent oven for roasts though. I sure would love one, but Japanese kitchens don't have lots of room for such. Though, a good crock pot roast I do occasionally. Good food is good.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the former excuses you from the latter, at least for today.

:chores

Why thank you :) I did do one load of dishes and some handwashing, if that helps even more. *glances at sink and counter and other counter* Actually, dont answer that.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I just submitted something to Query Letter Hell. I'll probably hide in the corner for a while disinfecting the wounds, and then go back in and start fixing the query when the dust settles.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Just in case, I thought I'd let you all know that I may or may not be on much for the next week. It is Golden Week, a long series of holidays. I'll be off till the 7th.

You'd think that would give me more time to come here and play around, but well, I have the chance to spend lots of time with the wife and little one. I'm not passing that up. Hate to tell you all this, not that I don't love you all, or anything.

Now I have to figure out how to explain that it's time to turn off the video and take a nap cause we are going out tonight and sleepy cranky little boys won't have as much fun as rested happy little boys.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

Got a lot to do today, some of which involves going down town and some of which involves typing at great speed. I really must do more touch typing practice.

I found a site yesterday where I can buy electronic versions of the SF magazines. I can feel my bank account draining away already.

If anyone would like an idea for an AtCT have this free: Blazin' Smibbles.

Must go - words to type.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Early Morning Friends.

Just doing my nightly rounds with the little one.

That's a good one, I shall steal it. :D

So she cloned her baby, in other words?

'Cause last I knew, that particular endeavor took two.

Well, yes, but I did most of the work. :D

did hellof editing today!!!

Woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.