Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
Not a member. But here's what I'm seeing when I try and go to the site:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, '_show_post_preview' was given in /home/content/91/8685291/html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/91/8685291/html/wp-includes/plugin.php:406) in /home/content/91/8685291/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 875

I'm sure they're working to fix it.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
They were having problems with their server company or something along those lines. They moved to a new host and should be good to go now.

I'm not a member, but I am in their group on Facebook. I must admit to being anti-organization earlier last year, but I'm quickly warming up to and being curious about joining the HWA now.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
They were having problems with their server company or something along those lines. They moved to a new host and should be good to go now.

I'm not a member, but I am in their group on Facebook. I must admit to being anti-organization earlier last year, but I'm quickly warming up to and being curious about joining the HWA now.
Thanks for the update, Shaun.

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Yay! I just got insulted by the HWA's president! :-D Does that make me eligible for free membership or something? Not that there's any way in hell that I would join now.

cattdahman

catt dahman
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cattd.com
I am

I belong to HWA and am an active member (Membership level that allows me to vote on issues and for the Stoker Awards). I know many members and Rocky Wood, the president, is a friend of mine. I have found that sometimes it opens doors for me as being an active member, and I do enjoy the voting. It's a place to visit and gain information about everything horror, and they have many other perks such as emailed information, events, and just friendship and fellowship.

culmo80

Registered
Reaction score
HWA

I'm curious as to what HWA offers that you can't find anywhere else, especially given you have to pay to join.

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I'm curious as to what HWA offers that you can't find anywhere else, especially given you have to pay to join.

A few months late, but the main benefits that I'm aware of are access to HWA-specific submission calls, and their mentor program.

I'm curious what people's thoughts are with the passing of Rocky Wood and the elevation of Lisa Morton to acting President. Particularly given the opinions Mrs. Morton has previously expressed about what constitutes a "professional" writer.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I was Googling while you posted the links, ShaunHorton.

Her ten questions make me angry and this at the time I'm finally able to join up, altho not as a full pro, because my advance isn't big enough.

Well, that's $70 that will pay the gas bill. I like heat in my house.

ghost

Hey, that's my bike!
Registered
Reaction score
I was a member. It was a bit of a lifelong dream for me.

I kept my membership for two years. I went to Seattle and represented them during a conference and did a panel with Jonathan Maberry and Nancy Holder. It was a blast.

I was also nominated for a Stoker award, but never made the final cut.

I quit my membership mostly because the website never worked properly for me. I think I'll rejoin again down the road, but in all honesty, I didn't really use it.

That said, I'm thankful I got to meet and know Rocky. I'm sorry he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.