The Martians Are Coming! Aka: How to Clean Up a Forum in Three Stickies or Less....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
So you've probably noticed the top of the forum looks a little different. After much discussion, negotiation, blood, sweat, tears, and even a little Romulan Ale, Peter and I have come up with something new for you guys:

The Table of Contents

Many of the previously stickied threads are linked there, as are other threads we felt merited a permanent link. These are discussions that emerge every couple of weeks/months, and are vital to the writing and reading of SF/F in all its forms.

We'll update the ToC as needed, to include new threads that merit inclusion. I'll probably need to add something for the monthly Book Club, since it's taken off brilliantly.

We've also got one more addition coming. So stay tuned!

-Kelly

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
I like what you've done with the place. A couple of suggestions for other categories in the Table of Contents:

Book recommendations
How to write battle scenes/weaponry questions

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Glad you like the digs, and thanks for the suggestions. :)

Book recommendations

Both of the old stickies (Must See, Must Read; Master Book Recommendation List) are linked under the first topic. That way we can continue to add to those threads as new recs come in.

How to write battle scenes/weaponry questions
These are linked under "World-Building, Maps, Etc..." I have one linked now (called Approach to Writing Combat), but can definitely add any others. And if certain topics grow expansive, they can eventually be given a section of their own.

The ToC has room to grow, as our forum continues to grow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.