The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachael_A

Registered
Reaction score
Rosie/Taylor - Hey, thanks! That makes a lot of sense. I think I'll do that too.

Rachel- Murder, Actually is a cozy/chick-lit (can I still say that?) And am I the only one who's embarrassed saying my title out loud to people??? I always feel the need to offer further explanation and then I'm rambling and they look away.

Ha! Don't you hate how chick-lit is a like a bad word now? It's silly because I love those books and it makes if difficult for me to find them. Very cool that you wrote one!

I don't mind saying my title to writerly people but I get so embarrassed when it's people outside of writing, especially when they ask what it's about and I have to be like, "Um. Kissing?"

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
I guess I went the other way. There are hundreds of thousands of people who read AW threads (just check the hit stats) and to me, they're all potential readers. So by using my own name, I promote the book while I hang out with my pals. I haven't said anything on AW that I'd be concerned about someone reading but I think we can see by the number of former lurkers who end up joining in that it is, in fact, social media. By using my own name, I'm reminded to be mindful of the constraints that imposes.

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Em! You've had some good luck lately, yes? You earned it, girl! Happy New Year!

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
{{{{{{{{{ Peggy }}}}}}}}}

You mean my Booklist starred review? : )

(And I love that I can write that here and know you guys know it's not boasting. I know you know it's been a long, hard, rocky road for moi.)

Just so busy, as the momentum is kicked up since my release date (March 26) is getting so close.

I'm helping my Dutch translator with questions so she can translate, and I did double the book production stages for US and UK. (Still owe the UK my author questionnaire!)

Other than that, writing and revising my butt off. Book 2 just went back to my editor. So I am once again exactly where I should be: amongst my fellow Hellions in our personal Circle of hell, out on sub.

Missed all of you. It's weird because you go through these periods where it would help to discuss certain things but at this stage, you can't. So you go through quiet periods. At least I do.

x0x0 Em

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Lily! : )

I know! And it's my first (and only) trade review so far. Should be an interesting two months as they start rolling in, gulp. In all honesty, I hadn't given trade reviews one thought before I got the news. (Don't tell anyone, but I had to look it up to see what it was. No joke.)

Nuff said before I throw up the chocolate I'm eating, lol.

Here's the link if you want to read:http://emilymurdoch.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/booklist-starred-review-for-if-you-find-me/

Em

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Eyes wandered over to my avatar, then saw I've been here 4, almost 5 years! I remember when I first signed up, shaking in my boots!

All these "real" authors and writers. : )

Last edited:

moonfairee

Registered
Reaction score
OMG Emily YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!! That review rocks, so excited for you!! :)

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
Huge hugs first off. *Hugs Chelsea!*

I still don't quite believe it. It's still sinking in that I wrote something that will be published in the first place, before my mind has had a chance to dwell on the next stages, or the end stages, such as trade reviews.

Another thing to freak out over, lol! Surprise!

And by the way, I LOVELOVELOVELOVE your cover! Lucky Lucky, winks. It's *gorgeous* and so very striking!

Em

OMG Emily YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!! That review rocks, so excited for you!! :)

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, hugs for all, speznas on me! Imagine snoopies dancing here!

(And it's aWeSoMe to SEE you, st22. You rock your avatar! : )

I do want to validate courage and compassion. : ) The review really touched my heart.

I'm now less than three months from release!

And, now that I know, I'm at the stage of waiting for the other trade reviews to come in.

Who here was downing the doggie xanax awhile back? Have any extra?

Em

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! I'm writing about my spezna now - he's a character in my next book.

Way to go O/L - hope you'll turn your attention to Canada. Lots of fab mystery writers up here! (You are, btw, named in the acknowledgements section of Book Two, to be released in Canada on Feb 5th. The Poisoned Pawn, formerly The King's Indian!)

Happy New Year everyone!

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
HAHAH! Peggy, didn't you have a photo of the actual guy? Or did I just imagine him from your vivid descriptions? Yeah, we NEED some spezna's around here!

And thanks so much for naming me in The Poisoned Pawn! Can't wait to see (not to mention, read) the finished book! (the cover is gorgeous!)

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, it's been like a month since I posted in here. Where did the time go? I'm all caught up and repped as I went. Not much news. Working on an R&R. And wondering how long is too long? When do you give up hope on a sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.