• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Word count app (iPad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strom

Need to write more
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a decent word count app (iPad) which lets you enter a word count manually and then gives you some helpful stats like % complete, words written per day etc? Preferably with a pretty graph but I can live without the graph. Basically like NaNo's word count system.
All I can find are apps that actually count the words for you, but I don't want it to do that.

Strom

Need to write more
Registered
Reaction score
You can with Numbers, but they're more complicated than I'd like. I was quite surprised by the lack of word count apps, it seems like it would be fairly simple to set up.

Interrobang

Registered
Reaction score
The trouble with a bespoke app like this is that it would have to be designed to integrate with a large number of other writing applications to be worthwhile.

(I guess that the new Scrivener app will have this feature, but it has been a long time coming.)

melindamusil

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I've wished there was a word count app for e-readers and tablets for a while now. Drives me nuts not being able to even estimate the word counts of the e-books I'm reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.