Outlook.com

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Hotmail is now Outlook.com

New GUI.
New features.

New domain name, which is nice -

- for those who are tired of their Hotmail names with trailing odd numbers and want to change.

- for those who also have Facebook, Hotmail, Gmail, Twitter, etc accounts and want to keep the same names across accounts.

-cb

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I think the GUI looks worse. But it still has the old UI, which, actually is pretty decent as online email clients go.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
You can logon to Live, Outlook and Hotmail using any of your @live.com, @hotmail.com and @outlook.com accounts. The deal here, is that opening up a new domain name means people can create new email accounts and try get a name that isn't riddled with trailing numbers because it's already been taken by bizzilion people.

i.e. [email protected] OR [email protected]

-cb

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
You can logon to Live, Outlook and Hotmail using any of your @live.com, @hotmail.com and @outlook.com accounts. The deal here, is that opening up a new domain name means people can create new email accounts and try get a name that isn't riddled with trailing numbers because it's already been taken by bizzilion people.

i.e. [email protected] OR [email protected]

-cb

Then it's an overlay. Nice, though I expect the usual names will be taken and the abysmal process for a forgotten password marches on.

I wonder how many xbox players will switch and mess up their Halo or COD website links.

Probably lots. Though it's only a side effect. I suspect that this is just another move to bring Office users online. Not necessarily a bad thing.