• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Wolf Pirate Project (formerly Wolf Pirate Publishing)

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
In regards to the address that was posted, you look at a residential address as something horrendous. If the company didn't allow some of its people to work at home, it would lose a lot of valuable talent. Check around and you will see many large companies make arrangements with their employees who have family issues to work from their home. In this economy, businesses succeed when they think outside the box and leave traditional practices behind. If a writer feels more comfortable sending their work to an office, by all means, do so. Their work is a product of their time, effort, and passion. They shouldn't throw it out hook, line, and sinker for any interested nibble. That is a sure-fire way of being hurt in the long run. (And shame on anyone who thinks an editor cannot be a mom :))

Umm... I was the one who commented on your address, and am totally unsure why you're reading my comment (which was "Probably not a good idea") as "Real businesses don't ever run out of homes/residential addresses are horrendous." I'm a writer; I work from home.

But I would never post my home address on a website, because as I said, it's simply not a good idea. Would you like a rejected writer to show up on your doorstep one day? Or for some lunatic to decide you publish Evil Books and it's their duty to Take You Down?

Especially if there are children in the home...get a PO Box.

Keyan said:
An author, even a good one, has an under 10% hit rate with any one agent or publisher. (Miss snark suggested querying 100 agents, which would suggest a 1% hit rate.)

I'm not sure what you mean by "hit rate", Keyan; could you explain?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is now The Wolf Pirate Project (workshops, etc.; no publishing.)

Last edited: