Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
I'm moving in to The Devouring. I have the sequel but it might be awkward to read that without reading the first. Plus I heard it's a pretty good horror story.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
How'd you get the sequel? It doesn't come out until September. BTW, I loved The Devouring. :)

Cassidy

writing for kids and teens
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinstevenson.com
The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl. And I just finished The Patron Saint of Butterflies. Also just read Marthe Jocelyn's Would You. All very different and all good reads...

RunawayScribe

It is what it is.
Registered
Reaction score
That's one of my absolute favorite books. The only somewhat realistic girl-pirate book I've read. :)

Absolutely. :) I've loved this book since I was a kid. Charlotte's a totally believable character, Jaggery's a well-rounded and multilayered villain, and the pages are so ridiculously easy to turn. A lot of other "girl-pirate books" have seemed silly and out-there to me by comparison.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
How'd you get the sequel? It doesn't come out until September. BTW, I loved The Devouring. :)

They were giving away ARCs at BEA and I grabbed one. I'm definitely liking The Devouring so far. Not too many horror books out there like this one for YA. At least not anymore.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
They were giving away ARCs at BEA and I grabbed one. I'm definitely liking The Devouring so far. Not too many horror books out there like this one for YA. At least not anymore.

OMG I'm so jealous! The Devouring is one of the best books I've ever read. I gave it as a Christmas present to friends last year and they all loved it.

SarahMacManus

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished "Smack" by Melvin Burgess. I'm a bit behind, but YA is sort of new to me as a genre.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
OMG I'm so jealous! The Devouring is one of the best books I've ever read. I gave it as a Christmas present to friends last year and they all loved it.

I just finished reading it and it was definitely pretty good. I wish there was more YA horror like that instead of the drippy stuff that authors insist on lacing with romance.

Ctairo

Why Isn't IGNORE Available in RL?
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Dull Boy and started Wicked Lovely.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished reading it and it was definitely pretty good. I wish there was more YA horror like that instead of the drippy stuff that authors insist on lacing with romance.

I agree. I can't wait to find out what happens in the sequel. :)

Ctairo

Registered
Reaction score
How was Dull Boy, Ctairo?
I enjoyed it, but I'm a comic-book geek. :D I wish I hadn't gone into it with preconceived notions though. (You say teenager with superpowers and whoa, is my brain off and running). Best part is there's room for a sequel, so here's hoping!

Ctairo

Registered
Reaction score
It's definitely cute. Don't think too much about the universe--just let the novel take you there. And let me know what you think. :)

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Black Rabbit Summer was very good (and quite edgy, content-wise). I'm just about to start Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, mainly because I have a review copy of the DVD so decided to read the novel before I saw the film. The novel is fairly short, which is a plus for me right now.

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Almost to the "black page" in John Green's Looking for Alaska. I love books that make me lol.

I love John Green! He's such an amazing writer. And he's an awesome speaker, too.

I've paused in reading BREAKING DAWN....man that book just goes oooonnnn and oooonnnnn... Now I'm reading KNOCKED OUT BY MY NUNGA-NUNGAS (the 3rd Georgia book--LOLosity). I picked up EVERMORE on Saturday and hoping to get to that next... She's speaking at my local RWA chapter for the next monthy thing, but I'll miss it to be at SCBWI LA. :( Why can't we be at two places at once? Those clone-makers better get on the ball.

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
I picked up Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta after hearing good things about it in this thread. I've only just started, it's a little confusing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.