Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Lol. The old people in Suns and Stars are a bit stooopid. :tongue

ETA: Just wondering why I have two playlists - an inspiration playlist and a soundtrack - for each project, when I don't really listen to the playlist anyway, and I could just use the soundtrack for inspiration and adjust as I write, edit and find new songs. Doing that from the next project.

Last edited:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I miss writing fan-fiction. I seem to have left my readers hanging, as I haven't continued my stories for months... Ooops.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys. I spent my Reading Poetry class doing what was clearly the proper thing...writing a more effective description of Lifelike.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Lol.

Ari, how many playlists do you do? - see my above post.

Also, check your emails.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I usually just do one playlist, but they don't get used most of the time. They just kinda sit around on the off chance that I ever need them.

And I got it :)

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I've got some new music. Josh Ritter - Another New World is like... the most awe-inspiring, emotional, haunting song i've ever heard. I can't believe i've never heard it before. Well... I know... it's over 7minutes long. haha

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, when I say haunting, i mean, thought provoking, slow, sort of... calming but with a hidden meaning, a story of a sort. We all have different meanings of what haunting is, i guess. haha

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it has good comments, so as soon as it finishes loading, we shall see. I'm sure I'll like it, in any case.

ETA: I am already in love with this song.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to do a soundtrack playlist from now on that will be edited as I write until I have the final one - kind of like Kody Keplinger. So loads of songs that fit a scene, then select the final song based on the mood and POV. If that makes sense.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Last night, I had a dream of my MC freaking out because she out on a ring, and it glowed a different color than her house color... I don't know if I can fit that in, but it was quite interesting, to tell you the truth.

And the dream could've been a good plot for the first book, but the school is guarding something, but it's similar to the Philosophers Stone... :(

And, Lisa, that makes sense. I think. Haha :tongue

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh glad you like the song Ari. I love long songs like that. Songs with heart, with meaning. And with a good melody too. It's hard to find good songs like that these days. They're all too short! haha

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Makes sense. Too much effort for me to exert though, haha.

That does sound interesting.

Are you saying you don't want the school to guard something because it's Philosopher's Stone-ish? There have been other schools with secrets/things being guarded and whatnot. The main one that comes to mind is the Charlie Bone books. If I'm misunderstanding you though, ignore me.

ETA: The song is very, very pretty. And his voice really matched the tone and whatnot :)

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
No, I'm AFRAID to do it because it could be too similar. But, then again, no one is going to to have someone sticking out of the back of their head.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on an itunes search for music like that. Found 'Passenger' which is a little like... Ed Sheeran. Well, one of his albums is. I'm like... in love!
By the way, I NEED Ed Sheeran's album like NOW!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I want some new music - either some more Glee or something else. But I need to check how much money I have and I don't know what to download.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I went and bought Half of My Heart yesterday, because I had a very off key version before, and I didn't even know it o_O hahah

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I always look for new music when I'm working on a playlist.

/random.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Lol I like him. I got a couple of his albums, but I don't listen to him so much at the moment. I go through phases with music. Seems i'm going into a folk/singer/songwriter kind of phase, so maybe John Mayer will come back in fashion :p

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I go through phases as well sometimes!

ETA: I have just opened the genius sidebar on iTunes. :D

ETA2: Nothing that catches my eye. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.