The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Huge tangle of accounting at work. My boss and I worked to untangle it. Not a great answer in the end, but an acceptable one... for now. We complement each other. She sees the big picture, I'm better at details. She was full of praise. Which feels great, but my skin is still oversensitive and my tummy unhappy. I'll be happy when I can go home. She says I can go home now, but I want to finish paperwork on said project.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
What a cutie! Fox terrier mix?

Her name is currently Tessa and she is a "Papillon/Jack Russell Terrier Mix", but I am going to ask about renaming the poor wee darling to "Amethyst" because my other dogs have been "Ruby", "Sophie" (Sapphire), and hopefully now "Amy" Amethyst. We might have gone for "Emerald" if an "Emily" hadn't married into our family... :eek:

So today's been off to a bad start. Went to get puppy a badly needed grooming, groomer wasn't there, I wrote her, then my stomach decided it didn't like my breakfast, tried to call the groomer with no luck, had to clean up a little, went home after waiting half an hour. My tummy is unhappy and puppy is still a tangled mess.

Cuddle-cuddles! :Hug2: Fluff and fuss thy puppies extra fluffy fussles from the Cantina. :)

Patient DM! I would probably kill her off and make her start again, to teach her a lesson :evil

Wouldn't yaknow, that's exactly what I was trying to do as the other player in this game, but NNOoooooOOOooOOO! She's our friend, and friends don't teach their friends lessons with murder! :O pfft.

*is even more conflicted*
GASPETH!

Hyrule Warriors! Hyrule Warriors! Hyrule Warriors! :D

Also, Effby, I simply adore the word "GASPETH", it's so... picturesqueth.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At this point I can't hear "Hyrule" "Link" or "Zelda" without thinking of the much-derided fanfic My Inner Life.

RedDragoness

Not your mother's dragon
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies to my questions, all. Very helpful :)

RD, unless there's a reasonable reason for your back pain that spread to your neck (like soreness from exercise or something), I'd suggest going to the doctor. I am not a doctor but I don't like the sound of it increasing and spreading like that. *gentle hugs*

Thanks, Effby. I probably slept weird, but yeah, I might call my chiro tomorrow.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
*sees new title*

I now kinda want to buy the angry owl-bear a drink and tell him I know how he feels...

I haven't watched it for years, but I used to love it. I actually followed the QI Elves Twitter account like two days ago and it's amazing. I know the new host is supposed to be good but she's not Stephen :cry: For anyone who still watches it regularly: is Eddie Izzard on anymore? Because I love him. So much. Like. He's my hero
Haven't seen him in the latest season or so but I do sometimes miss episodes.

The biggest disadvantage to cutting cable is I don't get shows when they come out, only when they appear on Hulu, Amazon or Netflix. So no new episodes for me yet :( I will say I'm frustrated with the Shakespeare episode of The Librarians. C'mon. A person who LOVES knowledge as much as Flynn Carsen isn't going to go right back to his present time. He'd travel to Venice, or China, or the Americas, and see what life was REALLY like in the 16th century! He knows when Shakespeare dies. Use that time wisely and explore!
My headcanon is that he got permission from Eve for one year to explore but that they'll have to get back to work afterwards. I'm kinda expecting some future episode they'll find a century-old portrait of Flynn and Eve and all the other librarians are going 'Whut?' and they'll go 'oh, yeah that was when we were saving Bruges from a time-misplaced horde of vikings that one time when we were stuck with Shakespeare.' and Stone finishing with 'you went to Bruges without me?' and starting to list all the architectional interests of the city he had wanted to see.

Morning Cantina. Gonna focus on teh werdz today. I reeeeaaaalllyyyyy hope my sisyphus turns out okay. *already has teh nerves*
You'll do fine. :)

Yeah, they really don't, and there's no filter to their mouths at that age either. Sometimes it's embarrassing, sometimes hilarious. :p Thankfully, the most "embarrassing" thing my first graders have asked me is repeatedly asking me if I'm a teenager. I put "embarrassing" in quotes because it's not actually embarrassing, I just find it funny that quite a few of them, especially the ones without adult siblings or other adult relatives, don't seem to understand the concept of a twenty-something, particularly an unmarried twenty-something. When I tell them I'm not a teenager and I'm not married or a mommy, they tilt their little heads and I can just see their brains churning, trying to figure out this conundrum: "She's clearly not a kid like me, but if she's not a teenager then she's an adult, but my mommy and daddy are adults and she doesn't look as old as them and she said she's not married and not a mommy, but she's not a teenager...????????" LOL
Heheh.

Just this weekend my nephew asked if I was 18, which -he had just learned- was the age kids are considered adults. I told him he could about double that. He considered this and then said they hadn't gotten to multiplications yet in school.

So sweet... when they're not infecting me, that is. But as it stands their visit over the weekend has landed me with a ticket for the Crud Train. *I need a smiley with a hanky*

*siddles off in search for the hankie cabinet and fresh, dry hankerchiefs*

*sniffles*

Random writing question: Is star ship (starship?) one word or two? Also, is it "The S.S. Enterprise" or "The S. S. Enterprise" or "The SS Enterprise"?
My models says U.S.S. Enterprise on the saucer.

[...]because our mouse problem is getting worse instead of better [...]
Oh you have my sympathy. :Hug2:

I don't know what it is with mice lately, but they're getting into everything. Including sealed rooms. It's driving me crazy. Also, I'm starting to suspect my cat is involved in mice-smuggling.

Two parts owl, five parts bear, twenty-two parts hardcore because what would be the point of an owl+bear otherwise = owlbear.

Tl;dr, it's what you get when a pen-and-paper RPG designer wants you to beat up something more hardcore than a bear and also more hardcore than an owl because owls are probably not hardcore in the slightest.
Owls... not hardcore...? I bet that pen-and-paper RPG designer never met one. Because owls are totally hardcore. Some of them even rock their eyeliner better than your average goth.

Her name is currently Tessa and she is a "Papillon/Jack Russell Terrier Mix", but I am going to ask about renaming the poor wee darling to "Amethyst" because my other dogs have been "Ruby", "Sophie" (Sapphire), and hopefully now "Amy" Amethyst. We might have gone for "Emerald" if an "Emily" hadn't married into our family... :eek:
Awww....

Mandy for diamond?
Poppy for opal?
Jessy for jasper?
(You can always go with Emma for emerald...)

*is fascinated with pretty rocks*

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com

Ooo, papillon/terrier, that's going to be a high energy pup! She's a real cutie, too.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I kind of like Tessa... maybe it could be short for marcisite? Or turquoise?

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Missed today's D&D game, because it was my Dad's birthday, but it was nice to see him, so whatever. We went to an expensive Italian place. I've been there once before, for his birthday, and when we went then they had THE WEIRDEST menu ever. I'm not going to list some of the stuff on it, but let me say, I've been to Italy and it was not normal. They had changed the menu, though, and this time it was all standard stuff. Which was almost disappointing haha

I'm vaguely aware of Midna because I like listening to music while I write and there are compilations of relaxing Zelda music on YouTube. Midna's Lament (I think that was the title of the track) is really pretty. :)

Maybe it's from Avatar!

I love overanalyzing fans! :greenie Yeah, you kind of have to ruminate a lot over Skyward Sword for its plot to be worth much, Twilight Princess doesn't require the same extra thinking. Personally I don't think Midna is quite as much awesomesauce as it seems the general fandom has agreed she is, although she is pretty cool.

I really liked her. Most of the Zelda support characters are really annoying ("Hey! Listen!") so she was a nice improvement. Also I AM SO HAPPY SOMEONE ELSE MADE THE AVATAR CONNECTION :D I love the Cantina. You guys are into the same stuff as me haha

When The Neverending Story came out in 1984 (?) I remember it was supposed to be set in the US, yet the license plates on the cars were Canadian. I also remember a Jackie Chan movie supposedly set in NYC featuring a public hovercraft and impressive mountains that looked suspiciously like Vancouver's in the background.

Whoa whoa, Jackie Chan was in my country? I mean, that's not actually surprising at all, but JACKIE CHAN? :e2faint:He and Schwarzenegger were a big part of my childhood, so knowing he was here is like. My 10 year old self is freaking out!

In writing news, I've gotten no words done because it's hard to write when in this much pain and while being home with a sick-not-sick 4 1/2-year old. But I've been obsessing over my novel-in-progress and wondering if maybe it should be a screenplay instead? I'm trying to challenge myself this year, so maybe I need to write a screenplay instead of a novel...hmmm.... Writing is writing, right? ;-)

As someone who's tried tons of mediums (comics, TV, films, novels, lyrics) you should totally do it. It's such a good way to flex your creativity in a new context. You have whole new challenges, advantages, formats. It's a good way to mix things up and grow as a writer. Also, pretty fun. Use a formatting software, though. Formatting by hand is awful. Trust me. There are some free ones you can try, like Celtx. It's pretty much the standard beginner software, and works pretty well. It does sometimes have weird bugs (nothing that'll mess up your computer, or make you lose your work, that I've heard of. I, for example, just had my page counter permanently break. It would think 1 page was actually 5 tiny pages and there was no way to fix it), though, which is why people usually switch to pay formatters after a while. But it's good to experiment with.

Also, I had told AW to quote the Owlbear history lesson, but it decided not to. So let me just say: LOVED IT. I studied some D&D history in university (it was a pop culture class, closely connected to my film studies major, so we had a lot of crossover) and it really made me interested in the history of the game. Always cool to learn more :)

JJ Litke

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa whoa, Jackie Chan was in my country? I mean, that's not actually surprising at all, but JACKIE CHAN? :e2faint:He and Schwarzenegger were a big part of my childhood, so knowing he was here is like. My 10 year old self is freaking out!

Ha! Jackie Chan was a big part of my teen years, too. I watched just about every movie he'd ever been in. It's pretty tough tracking down copies now, though. All I could find was Rush Hour, which I just finished watching today.

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
Woo, that's a high energy mix. A happy mix, though. Many rescue dogs get new names, so why not?

Cuddle-cuddles! :Hug2: Fluff and fuss thy puppies extra fluffy fussles from the Cantina. :)
Aww, thanks! :greenie I'm feeling better today.

Hyrule Warriors! Hyrule Warriors! Hyrule Warriors! :D

Also, Effby, I simply adore the word "GASPETH", it's so... picturesqueth.
Hyrule Warriors is only on Wii U and 3DS, not the Wii. Also fun, but not a proper Zelda game. But fun.

Gaspeth is lovely.

I really liked her. Most of the Zelda support characters are really annoying ("Hey! Listen!") so she was a nice improvement. Also I AM SO HAPPY SOMEONE ELSE MADE THE AVATAR CONNECTION :D I love the Cantina. You guys are into the same stuff as me haha
Oh, she definitely wasn't bad, but then I didn't mind Navi as much as some people and I think Tatl might be my favourite.
Avatar is awesome! Need more funky animal mixes!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Okay, I'm giving up on trying to puzzle out who you mean, and damn it why do you guys use so many different aliases and make it so hard to tell who you are on different platforms?

The AWer is CAMueller. She's not been here in the Cantina as much as before, but I know she was here not that long ago. There are several very interesting looking books in that list though. *Adds to TBR pile*

*Wonders how tall TBR piles can actually get*

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
*sees new title*

My headcanon is that he got permission from Eve for one year to explore but that they'll have to get back to work afterwards. I'm kinda expecting some future episode they'll find a century-old portrait of Flynn and Eve and all the other librarians are going 'Whut?' and they'll go 'oh, yeah that was when we were saving Bruges from a time-misplaced horde of vikings that one time when we were stuck with Shakespeare.' and Stone finishing with 'you went to Bruges without me?' and starting to list all the architectional interests of the city he had wanted to see.

Fair enough and that would work PERFECTLY! I can just see the anger on Stone's face. :D

Okay, I'm giving up on trying to puzzle out who you mean, and damn it why do you guys use so many different aliases and make it so hard to tell who you are on different platforms?

I had the same reaction and the same thought!

It's snowing and windy outside. Very windy. Not going outside soon.

It was raining insta-ice on the way home last night. The windshield wipers were of no use. The rain froze instantly on my windshield. Luckily, I only live a few minutes from work. This morning I am glad I was feeling 90% better, as it was a LOT of work scraping the ice off. I could barely get under the stuff. It took a good 10 minutes just to get a small section de-iced.

The AWer is CAMueller. She's not been here in the Cantina as much as before, but I know she was here not that long ago. There are several very interesting looking books in that list though. *Adds to TBR pile*

Aha!

Today! Today! My book released today! Finally!!!!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
This morning I am glad I was feeling 90% better, as it was a LOT of work scraping the ice off. I could barely get under the stuff. It took a good 10 minutes just to get a small section de-iced.

You can use rubbing alcohol as deicer apparently. It doesn't risk cracking the glass like pouring warm water over it.

Also, happy book birthday! :)

Working on words this morning. Drinking nummy tea.

Aggy, dreary day again

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I tried that earlier this year, and it only worked a little on the ice. You basically have to saturate it completely for it to work at all. Unfortunely, the bottle I made is in the other car - which is in Maine with my husband :D

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I also remember a Jackie Chan movie supposedly set in NYC featuring a public hovercraft and impressive mountains that looked suspiciously like Vancouver's in the background.

That'd be Rumble in the Bronx :)

The Mr and I kinda have and have watched way too many Jackie Chan movies. But they're soooo good. Especially the ones that have Sammo Hung and Jackie versus Benny the Jet.

Last edited:

JJ Litke

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com

Oh, okay, so it was less about aliases than just CAM hasn't been around enough recently that I thought of her. :)

I had the same reaction and the same thought!

Whew, I'm glad it wasn't just me. I felt bad that I couldn't mentally match up any of those names with someone here.

:snoopy:

JJ Litke

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
My short story will go live on Monday. I'm trying to think of what kind of promotion I should be doing, aside from the obvious Twitter/Facebook/blog posts. ... I guess there's really not much else I can do?

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
The Multitudinous Multi-quote

She's so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

LOVE! Headcanon accepted!

You'll do fine. :)
Aw, thanks. Also, hope your sniffles go away soon. :Hug2:

My models says U.S.S. Enterprise on the saucer.
Kewl. :)

Owls... not hardcore...? I bet that pen-and-paper RPG designer never met one. Because owls are totally hardcore. Some of them even rock their eyeliner better than your average goth.
QFT. Owls are awesomesauce! Except when they sit on the hook with the windchimes in the backyard and repeatedly jump off of it with a mighty CLANG!!! to catch mice in the middle of the night. Then they are significantly less awesomesauce.

Hyrule Warriors is only on Wii U and 3DS, not the Wii. Also fun, but not a proper Zelda game. But fun.
I have a 3DS, but its screen is so small and I tend to forget I own it to play games on it, so I'll probably hold off on Hyrule Warriors until maybe I can get a Wii U.

Yay CAM!

WOOT!

I've got a PT appointment today. HOPEFULLY the second-to-last one. Also will hopefully get some writing done without the inner editor fighting me, and then go buy yarn and maybe books. Because yarn and books, ftw!

Last edited:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com

Congrats!

My short story will go live on Monday. I'm trying to think of what kind of promotion I should be doing, aside from the obvious Twitter/Facebook/blog posts. ... I guess there's really not much else I can do?

Do you have a header/notice you can put on your website's home page? That would be one thing I would do.

JJ Litke

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Do you have a header/notice you can put on your website's home page? That would be one thing I would do.

Yes, I have a great theme with a widget setup for the home page, so it's really easy to highlight a post or page. I've already got it set up and ready to post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.