Registered
Reaction score
shcool.jpg

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another outstanding thread from you, Beavo.

(They can spell "Rensselaer", but not "Obama"? MmmmmmNo.)

Last edited:

C A Winters

Never say "I can't."
Registered
Reaction score

I'm sorry, my bad. I was thinking Hussein, which it is. I guess that shows how some rumors can get started. A simple mistake.

ETA: Thank you to the poster who kindly corrected me by rep point. I didn't see it until after I had posted this. That was very nice of you.

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I mean, come on. Typos happen, but what were the chances that it should be THAT letter changed into THAT letter? Coincidences do happen but this is beyond belief.

I mistyped "Obama" on my tiny iPhone keyboard all the time but never "Osama" -- the 's' and the 'b' are not that close. It's usually "Obsma" because the "s" and "a" are next to each other. That would make more sense. Plus they have proofreaders before the ballots go out. I just find it a little odd that they wouldn't catch "Osama" (pun intended).

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
That's what I was going to say. Notice how it's never 'accidentally' Onama or Ovama?

I know -- how convenient for it to be Osama. The b and s are not next to each other. I type "Obsma" all the time because of the proximity of the a and s. But never "Osama." Then three rounds of proofreading? Something smells bad here, and it ain't my pits.

SHBueche

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ShelleyBueche.com
I think freudian slip adequately explains it, but get used to it, IF he wins on November 4th, we'll have a lot more of these 'typos.'

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
That's what I was going to say. Notice how it's never 'accidentally' Onama or Ovama?
"Onama" and "Ovama" wouldn't register as valid names in the minds of most Americans. It's not a question of keyboards, it's a question of names that sound alike and are in the news. That's why I mentioned Kennedy, who mistakenly called Barack "Barack Osama."

The mistake--if that's what it was--would be a product of someone getting it wrong originally (for whatever reason) and then "Osama" being recognizable as a valid name and proof readers missing the mistake.

I notice that there's little follow-up on this story, at all. I think that's likely because there's nothing him, aside from carelessness and stupidity. Nothing nefarious, though.

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's amazing how much a name matters to some people.

A fellow nurse told me this week that she didn't like McCain, but couldn't vote for Obama because his name sounds too much like Osama.

Please.

Bush sounded like Tush but he still got elected.

Bush sounds like...BUSH and he still got elected.