• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

silver76

Living the Dream (Nightmare)
Registered
Reaction score
I got a full request from Stacy and submitted it to her on 3/5...so excited to hear such great things about Entangled. Sounds like I'm in good company with the rest of you waiting. :)

Best of luck to all of you & I can only hope I'll be lucky enough to be picked up by such an up & coming publisher!
Stacy is my editor and she is ALL KINDS of awesome! Good luck! :)

lchardesty

Registered
Reaction score
Just to let you guys know every editor is using this month for catch-up. If you are thinking of submitting please keep that in mind :)

Thanks for posting here, Lisa! Do you know if they're still within their stated timeframe of 8 weeks? Stacy's had my full and it's getting close to that, but I don't want to bother her if they're just behind...

silver76

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for posting here, Lisa! Do you know if they're still within their stated timeframe of 8 weeks? Stacy's had my full and it's getting close to that, but I don't want to bother her if they're just behind...
I'm sorry, I'm not sure. I do know they have been inundated with submissions and are working their way through... good luck!

AmyMarie

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes for Erin Molta to get back to you on a requested full? It's only been nine days, so I know I might have a bit of a wait. Does anyone work with her? I would love to hear what you think!

Sara Lou

YA/UF/Paranormal author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sara-hubbard.com
Does anyone know how long it takes for Erin Molta to get back to you on a requested full? It's only been nine days, so I know I might have a bit of a wait. Does anyone work with her? I would love to hear what you think!

Erin has had mine for about three weeks and her email said to give her a month or so.

IrishLass

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still keeping the bench warm. Liz has my YA for 18 weeks (I nudged last week but no reply yet) and Stacy has had my Flirt for 3 weeks. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I'm still keeping the bench warm. Liz has my YA for 18 weeks (I nudged last week but no reply yet) and Stacy has had my Flirt for 3 weeks. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Good luck!

I'm curious...but were you invited to submit 2 works to them? The rule of thumb anywhere is one sub at a time except for requests. The reason I ask is because I have a query out to one editor and I want to submit Book 2 query to a 2nd editor, but I'm waiting to hear on Book 1 (going on 2 months).

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com

Whew! Thanks for posting this! I've been bench warming for quite some time...Liz has had my full since the end of October --I, too, sent a nudge over a month ago and didn't hear back...thought maybe it was a rejection but then talked to some folks in my writing group who reassured me that things were really backed up at Entangled so I've been patiently waiting. I'd love to get in--this pub has me all kinds of excited ;-)

IrishLass

Registered
Reaction score
I know. That was a big no-no. I freaked a little bit when Stacy requested my Flirt in a pitch contest (I really didn't think I'd get a request for it). I sent Liz a tweet explaining my situation and that one was an adult romance and the other was a YA fantasy that I had subbed to her months ago. Her response was 'As long as it's two different stories, you're ok!'. I don't know what their general policy is about multiple submissions but all of their editors have been very open to questions when I've asked on twitter.

IrishLass

Registered
Reaction score
AngelaA ~ I guess I really need to relax since you've been on the bench longer than I have. At least we're still in the running!

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen some agents list Entangled on their sales list. Any idea if they pay an advance? They're not the pub for me, but I'm curious!

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I know. That was a big no-no. I freaked a little bit when Stacy requested my Flirt in a pitch contest (I really didn't think I'd get a request for it). I sent Liz a tweet explaining my situation and that one was an adult romance and the other was a YA fantasy that I had subbed to her months ago. Her response was 'As long as it's two different stories, you're ok!'. I don't know what their general policy is about multiple submissions but all of their editors have been very open to questions when I've asked on twitter.

Thanks for explaining. Sounds like the pitch contest worked for you. Congrats!

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
For what it's worth, I also submitted two stories at once. I'd sent in a category romance for what is now the Indulgence line and before I heard back, I saw Heather Howland's call for Christmas short stories. I sent one in and explained the situation. She was fine about it. Both stories were acquired.

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
For what it's worth, I also submitted two stories at once. I'd sent in a category romance for what is now the Indulgence line and before I heard back, I saw Heather Howland's call for Christmas short stories. I sent one in and explained the situation. She was fine about it. Both stories were acquired.

Congrats!

Thanks for this. I saw a call/Tweet a few weeks back from Heather looking for something specific and wanted to sub to her, but I'm still waiting on a response from another editor. They're so busy that I figured I better wait! Hmmm...

KookyKat

Registered
Reaction score
There's some decent agents (I think they're decent anyway?!) who've done deals with them if you look on PublishersMarketplace, so not just the 'lesser' agents. 3 book deals too. Though they don't pay advances, you get a pretty good royalty rate plus dedicated marketing. I think compared to other houses that don't pay advances, they stand out as being a quality operation. You can always tell from the book covers - in my view, Entangled book covers still aren't as quality as those produced by the bigger houses but compared to some of the other dodgy Photoshop jobs by other non-advance-paying houses, they're good.

However, if any agent I'm lucky enough to secure got me a deal with a house that takes unagented submissions, I'd wonder what what agent had done to earn 15% or so of my earnings if I could've submitted my book myself? Sure, you get help negotiating contracts but a quality operation like Entangled aren't going to do you over. And if you're a member of an author society like the Society of Authors here in the UK, you get free help with contracts.

In fact, there's some agents out there that seem lovely and quite popular in Twittersphere etc, but when you look at their sales, they're all to houses that don't pay advances and take unagented submissions so you gotta wonder... how have they earned that 15% of my earnings if I could have done this all myself?

But beyond all this, I really like the look of Entangled. I just don't think you need an agent to secure a deal with them IF you've written something good enough for them and you're willing to sacrifice an advance.

Last edited:

silver76

Registered
Reaction score
There's some decent agents (I think they're decent anyway?!) who've done deals with them if you look on PublishersMarketplace, so not just the 'lesser' agents. 3 book deals too. Though they don't pay advances, you get a pretty good royalty rate plus dedicated marketing. I think compared to other houses that don't pay advances, they stand out as being a quality operation. You can always tell from the book covers - in my view, Entangled book covers still aren't as quality as those produced by the bigger houses but compared to some of the other dodgy Photoshop jobs by other non-advance-paying houses, they're good.

However, if any agent I'm lucky enough to secure got me a deal with a house that takes unagented submissions, I'd wonder what what agent had done to earn 15% or so of my earnings if I could've submitted my book myself? Sure, you get help negotiating contracts but a quality operation like Entangled aren't going to do you over. And if you're a member of an author society like the Society of Authors here in the UK, you get free help with contracts.

In fact, there's some agents out there that seem lovely and quite popular in Twittersphere etc, but when you look at their sales, they're all to houses that don't pay advances and take unagented submissions so you gotta wonder... how have they earned that 15% of my earnings if I could have done this all myself?

But beyond all this, I really like the look of Entangled. I just don't think you need an agent to secure a deal with them IF you've written something good enough for them and you're willing to sacrifice an advance.

Just wanted to chime in and say that you don't "need" an agent to sell to Entangled, but it helps you not be an "unsolicited manuscript" ..certainly people have gotten deals there without agents- especially for some of the digital only imprints, but most of my fellow YA authors have agents...FWIW.
Also I LOVE working with Entangled and the fact that they don't do advances is one of the things that allows them to publish such fresh, exciting work :) for what that's worth.

AmyMarie

Registered
Reaction score
Help! I need advice!

Erin Molta from Entangled requested a full of my manuscript. At the four week mark, I got an offer for the same manuscript from another publisher. That same night, I emailed Erin to let her know. I stated that Entangled was my first choice, and I would need to know what they thought by April 19th, when I’m supposed to decide what I’m going to do. I haven’t gotten an answer, or even an acknowledgement that she got my email. What should I do? They really are my first choice…